OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RB30 deleted LPG. No fuel in carby window.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RB30 deleted LPG. No fuel in carby window.

Hey guys, just a quick question.
    I have pulled out the LPG system from the RB30 Patrol. And I removed all of the engine bay wiring associated with it, it was a shamozzle......

I just went to fire it up after doing a head gasket replacement and she won't fire up. I can't see any fuel in the carby window and the thicker fuel hose is dry even after cranking for a while after I reconnected the LPG and Petrol switch under the dash.

I am not sure what to do.There are 2 solenoid things bolted to the inlet manifold. One has a fuel hose in and out that goes up to the fuel inlet on the carby. The other just has breather hoses one to a t piece on the inlet manifold behind the carby and the other to the top of the airbox.
    I removed them and plumbed the fuel line directly to the carby and still no joy. To me they are pointless as it's just another thing for the fuel to go through instead of directly from the thing with a big barb and smaller (return) barb. ( Which has me buggered as well.... Don't see the point in that or understand how it works exactly)
    I climbed under the car and had the Mrs put the ignition on but can't hear any fuel pump noise from the tank. The LPG and fuel switch are still wired to the wiring loom under the dash, 4 black wires from an immobilizer or alarm thing into a red wire which is powering the LPG and petrol switch.
    Confusing... I know.

Is there a way I can just return everything back to how it was and should be from the factory so I can get this car running for a road worthy?
    My Haynes manual is at my folks joint an hour and a half away, I asked for pics but thought I'd try here while I wait.

Any help would be appreciated. It's doing my head in!

Rob

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry.. when I said breather, I meant vacuum.....

Thanks
    Thanked 5,354 Times in 3,172 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The fuel goes to the fuel filter then a dividing bulb with one path to the fuel return solenoid which allows the fuel pressure to bleed off at revs lower than 1450 rpm (should show volts at low revs). The other line goes to the carby. I would suggest checking that the needle and seat isn't stuck shut or the return solenoid isn't stuck on.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks mudnut. Was hoping you'd reply.
    Can I ditch the 2 solenoid things that are bolted to the manifold which the fuel has to travel through. They DO click when the ignition is on. But to me it seems to be something added when the log conversion was done.
    I am pretty new to turning spanners on engines Soni am still learning. What I want to do is just revert everything back to standard
    Pre-LPG.
    How do I add pics via my phone?

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solenoid things

IMG_20190202_210828_160.jpg
    Attempt one
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think I worked it out.
    So those 2 things are what I am talking about.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,354 Times in 3,172 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It is a bit hard to see what is going on with those solenoids, but the petrol one could be deleted. Just run a line from the small fitting that splits the fuel to the inlet pipe on the carby. You will have to buy a ready made elbow. Because there were no elbows available at the time, I used a heap of hose clamps all along the length to stop the hose from kinking when I formed the bend.

There are also ready-made supports that stop the hose from kinking on a tight bend.

I would also suggest putting a kit through the carby as running on gas can dry out components and cause problems.

In Victoria a registered gas fitter has to disable the system and put in paper work to Vicroads.
    Last edited by mudnut; 2nd February 2019 at 10:23 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have fuel at the filter when you hit the key?

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey mate, I will give that a whirl later. Too hot to be out working on the car right now. I checked the fuel line that is after the 2 into 1 return thing on the manifold and it was bone dry. So I am tipping there is no fuel at the filter either.
    Will check it out and get back to you later

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't worked on a petrol, let alone a carby petrol in years but I assume there's a electric lift pump to get the fuel up to the carby.

If thats correct it sounds like it has something to do with your lpg/pet selection switch. It would cut power to the pump when lpg is selected.. potentially you need to provide a +12v signal to the wire that would be live when petrol is selected.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast