Thread: 0707 code

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

0707 code

Hi all!...I have sick car at the moment and am swallowing my pride to ask for help...i own a 04, 3ltr auto ZD30 patrol....98% highway travel with 270xxx ks on the clock...now i absolutely love this car and always keep her well maintained. Now just recently I've completed a bit of work on her. Changed out rocker cover gasket, injector seals, glow plug seals and and dodgy engine mount....now about 1 week later the engine made a ugly top end rattle...(like fuel was struggling) and then a code 0707 came on.....now I have changed out the fuel filter and a couple of dodgy fuel line clamps. I can clear the code restart the engine, runs fine for 30/40 sec then the top end rattles a bit and the code comes back....(this rattle comes and goes while its running). Now i have checked/cleaned all wiring and plugs that i can see that may be effected? Can someone please tell me if i am missing something before i change out and spend a fortune on a new injector pump...as I think thats my next move😣...I'm not even sure if i can drive over town to nissan for them to test the pump?...so any help will be very appreciated
    Cheers, Harry.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slight chance it could be a blocked fuel filter or crappy fuel - water in the fuel. Have a look at the filter first before you start spending big.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah thanx...i did change the filter out...and also checked for water and have since removed the filter again and checked out the fuel for contaminants. ..its really starting to do my head in😥

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I don't want to sound like a scare monger. But I think @mudski kept getting this code, and in the end it was the injector pump that was rooted. I'd love to be wrong in your case though. He can confirm.
    2005 TD42TI

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    I don't want to sound like a scare monger. But I think @mudski kept getting this code, and in the end it was the injector pump that was rooted. I'd love to be wrong in your case though. He can confirm.
    Hmmm yep its not sounding good😣....I was even hoping it may have had something to do with when i changed out the engine mounts. Because I jacked up the motor maybe pulled on some wires but cant see anything. I might even drain the tank completely and change the filter again.
    Does anyone know if the pump can be tested?...as I'm not even sure if I can drive it to far, as nissan are quite a drive and it sits in limp mode?
    Thanks for your help tho

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have a chip installed?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it does have a chip? ...could that cause issues?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should be easy enough to turn it off and see. Try and eliminate all possibilities.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BillsGU For This Useful Post:

Harryz (15th January 2018)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was having very similar issues. Replaced the injector pump and injectors at a DIY cost of about 4.5 k and kept having the same symptoms. Took the Safari chip out and good as gold.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mickn For This Useful Post:

Harryz (15th January 2018)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow!!...im gunna try it out!..im out of town at the moment but when im home I'll be onto it....this is a bit of a curve ball but could the injectors pull this code if they were failing....as thats the sound (rattle) that it makes and it is blowing some blueish smoke...thanx guys!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast