OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Radius Fab air cleaner doing my head in ?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have tried not a hope in hell of fiting in and shaving the lip is no longer an option to much has to come off, and my pics will not load up I have tried 3 times now
    Last edited by First Pooy; 2nd February 2019 at 04:30 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 565 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In you second last photo, there is two holes adjacent to each other, is this panel level or does it drop. eg: if you moved the LS1 box closer to eng would the LS1 drop in height?
    Notice U have FMIC duct close by?

Your hole in inner guard, it is not yet opened up to take 4" silicon?

Are you running snorkel straight out thru guard then along to Pillar A external or internal above wheel well then come out thru guard near pillar?

Deal with connection to turbo soon.
    Last edited by Bidja; 2nd February 2019 at 05:11 PM.
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,732 Times in 2,682 Posts
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That looks so far out that I am wondering if you have been supplied with a totally wrong unit - have you discussed with the supplier yet? Does he have these photo's? It certainly looks solid enough though.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In you second last photo, there is two holes adjacent to each other, is this panel level or does it drop. eg: if you moved the LS1 box closer to eng would the LS1 drop in height?

I tried pushing it towards the motor but it did make a difference and then the 90 d bent wouldn't fit to the turbo and it does sites very happly were it is, as I slide it around it comes to rest were it is now,the front mount pipe is there but so far it is not in the way I tried moving the box forward but appart from the holes no were near lining up the mount is of the gaurd.

You hole in inner guard, it is not yet opened up to take 4" silicon?

One of my bolts is stuffed so I can not get the snorkel of yet to see how the new snorkel fits but it looks to sit in the same hole

Are you running snorkel straight out thru guard then along to Pillar A external?

Yes I am runing the ss snorkel through the gaurd and along the external of the guard

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    That looks so far out that I am wondering if you have been supplied with a totally wrong unit - have you discussed with the supplier yet? Does he have these photo's? It certainly looks solid enough though.
    No I haven't contacted the supplier yet it was such a shit fight just to get it to my door, I rang 6 days straight with no answer from them to see what was happening with my delivery but it look like I have to spend another 6 days ringing

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by First Pooy View Post
    No I haven't contacted the supplier yet it was such a shit fight just to get it to my door, I rang 6 days straight with no answer from them to see what was happening with my delivery but it look like I have to spend another 6 days ringing
    Sorry to hear about this situation. I would send them some photos and then follow up. It really could be a simple situation where they have made the wrong box for your car. I can't see any other reason for such a massive mis-fit to be honest.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 565 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    OK if U are coming straight out thru inner and outer guard using 90 degree bend, straight piece 4"SS then a 90 deg silicon back (exterrnal) toward pillar A this is fine. Worry about the hole thru guard after you are happy with good placement of box (of course watch how alignment is going).

For the silicon from box toward turbo it can have leg trimmed to appropriate length. U can afford to move box towards firewall and closer to eng to drop height and give more room to get 90 deg bend thru inner guard. If leg length of 90 degree silicon to join up to turbo is short U can just add a short length of SS 4" tube and a straight silicon to turbo inlet.

You can alway put new holes in to secure LS1 to body panel.
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job

Legendary
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidja View Post
    OK if U are coming straight out thru inner and outer guard using 90 degree bend, straight piece 4"SS then a 90 deg silicon back (exterrnal) toward pillar A this is fine. Worry about the hole thru guard after you are happy with good placement of box (of course watch how alignment is going).

For the silicon from box toward turbo it can have leg trimmed to appropriate length. U can afford to move box towards firewall and closer to eng to drop height and give more room to get 90 deg bend thru inner guard. If leg length of 90 degree silicon to join up to turbo is short U can just add a short length of SS 4" tube and a straight silicon to turbo inlet.

You can alway put new holes in to secure LS1 to body panel.
    Yes I see what you are saying but the centreline of the turbo to the box 90 deg bend are off about 20mm or there about I reckon - Agree the mount holes could be reworked but I guess after you spend the coin the finished product should fit and not require surgery for a standard 'custom' fitment?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast