Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TD42 pump modification

Good day mates.

I'm new to the forum and wanna thank you for the great discussions that are already out.

My truck is a 93 model LWB TD42 silver top.
    I'm thinking about upgrading the engine with a turbo.
    I read that, to get more power out of it I would have to upgrade the pump as well. So my question is, if I have to buy a 2k+ 12mm pump or if there is a way to get this done like some kind of backyard job. Just changing distributor head or is there more work involved?

My second question is: what Turbo can I use? I have to explain that I live in Bolivia and good Quality 3rd Party Products are nearly not available and/ore not affordable. I would have to seach a used Turbo and adapt it to de td42. What could you suggest?

The good thing however is that I don't have to worry about laws and regulations. It just has to work. ;-)

Might be that there is already a thread on this theme but I appreciate your comments.

Cheers
    Michael

Gesendet von meinem BLA-L29 mit Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can wind the fuel screw out a bit and keep an eye on your pyros but thats about as far as I would go in the backyard. There's quite a bit in upgrading a fuel pump to get the fuel curves right so I'm told.

There's a lot of discussion on turbos on mud runner's thread (which I won't link as I'm not sure what my post count is up to yet..) that someone will throw up for you I'm sure. I think you could probably get away with a smaller turbo and wind the fuel right up if you didn't want to spend a fortune. Did that with an old cruiser I had and it never gave me a drama.

There's a few pump suppliers here in Aus and another in NZ that I'm aware of that would probably have no issues posting international at your expense if you wanted to go all out.