Thread: Zexel pump leak

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zexel pump leak

Hi folks, new to forum, looking for some info on pump strip in situ looks like leaking from top casing joint can I do it in situ and what’s the process,ie any thing going to fall out or line up issues etc? Any info appreciated.CV

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CMJV View Post
    Hi folks, new to forum, looking for some info on pump strip in situ looks like leaking from top casing joint can I do it in situ and what’s the process,ie any thing going to fall out or line up issues etc? Any info appreciated.CV
    Yes there are a few issues exactly as you suspect , there is a thread on here somewhere with photos from when I did mine but it's something I wouldn't do if your low on patience .
    Two hardest bits are removing the slotted screws from the top plate and the governor spring puts pressure on the plate when trying to put the top plate back on .
    The throttle shaft may also be worn out requiring bushing .

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pump leak

Quote Originally Posted by GQtdauto View Post
    Yes there are a few issues exactly as you suspect , there is a thread on here somewhere with photos from when I did mine but it's something I wouldn't do if your low on patience .
    Two hardest bits are removing the slotted screws from the top plate and the governor spring puts pressure on the plate when trying to put the top plate back on .
    The throttle shaft may also be worn out requiring bushing .
    Hi. Did job found a YouTube vid which was helpful, just need to check set up of plate to spigot alignment, and setting of fuel screw. First off was reving it’s nuts off. Tried repositioning arm/cam. No joy. So pulled fuel screw back, better but wouldn’t pull you out of bed. So think I will have to adjust it more and go back to plate as well .

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CMJV For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (27th January 2019)