Thread: Legal Lift Height

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They did a gun buyback, could be something simular or just make it 2" body allowed in all states if they want to be tight @$$es.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that was just what the bloke at ARB said. actually it was about that i tuned around and walked out and went to pedders, lol
    an arb mob in bunbury wa, i wasnt impressed with there costomer service anyway.

but i agree with you too, there does have to be limit. "because I'd still rather be hit by the GQ" hahahahahaha gold choice of wording there

do you know whats involved? does someone just look at it or does stuff literally need engineering?
    '92 (MIGHTY) GQ ST 3.0L Duel Petrol / LPG, 2" Pedders Suspension Lift on 33x12.5x15 BigHorns
    Lukey 2.5" Performance Exhaust with Extractors, snorkel
    Auto Lokka In The Front, Duel Batteries, Stiff Deep Dish Steering Wheel,

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustyboner81 View Post
    do you know whats involved? does someone just look at it or does stuff literally need engineering?
    Sorry mate not sure what's involved. I believe it just gets looked at by the appropriate persons in your state. I know in NSW have moved or will be moving away from engineers completely. But you will have to still get it certified by an approved certifier.
    Last edited by NissanGQ4.2; 28th September 2012 at 09:59 PM.
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,653 Times in 3,121 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, my apologies. I stand corrected.. In the nanny state (SA) we are allowed a maximum of 50mm rise before approval.
    But this can be via, wheels, suspension or body lift..
    So here they must measure from ground to gaurd not from the hub..

http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/pdfs/...ide_Height.PDF

Sent from a device which doesn't always agree with my thumbs...
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissanGQ4.2 View Post
    Yes a national law would make perfect sense but unfortunately lets say for arguments sake a 2" bodylify is legal in QLD but not in SA, and they decide ok we will make a national code and a body lift is now illegal, is it fair that all the people in QLD that has paid money to install a 2" body lift now has to remove it at there cost???
    IF for the arguements sake, a universal code came in , and mods that were once legal then became illegal,of course the vehicle owner would be required to remove any illegal mods
    Many many old skool cars were lets say ok to have that V8 in that EH holden, then the car was laid up or rego ran out, if it doesnt then comply to the new road law codes it will have to be adjusted to fit in the new codes
    Its no different even in this day and age to buy something south of the border, maybe a lifted GQ , when taking it to say QLD ,if that lift in another state doesnt comply it has to be removed
    A uniform aussie wide code of mods would be great,but until we can get someone with half a brain to get it sorted itll never happen
    SA has a rule that to comply for historic rego, the car cant even have rims that wernt optioned for that month and year

As for body lifts, its great that many do get inspected,i wonder how many have thought theres more to it than just chuckin some blocks in ...
    Most dont make allowances for stretched clutch lines,or steering coupler adjustements,floor plate/shifter area sealing,ensuring diff breathers to bodies have enuf movement,using the correct rated body bolts,fair bit to do it properly
    Last edited by MQ MAD; 29th September 2012 at 10:01 AM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456