Thread: Legal Lift Height

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    Be interesting to see what cornering speed The Stig could achieve in the Tank and in Silver (the latter a standard height GQ) on dry and wet blacktop.

maybe the license you propose BigRig, would reflect competency achieved on blacktop
    Hahaha ... I'd let the Stig take mine around - that'd be a hoot!! And in all honesty, I reckon mine would handle better ... I'd just put the short sway bar pins on for "sports mode"!!! lmfao

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,404 Times in 2,989 Posts
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont drive a Lifted Patrol and never have but I can see for certain types of 4 Wheel Driving a Lift would be quite beneficial if not necessary. The whole purpose of me raising this question was to bring to the attention of members the Law in respect of Lifted Vehicles and repercussions of that law on Insurance Claims and Road infringements. If you are driving a vehicle which is not covered by Insurance and cause an accident it could bankrupt you . I am having trouble finding out what the actual Law is in Victoria as Vic Roads have several Documents on their site with different versions. No body can tell me whether Victoria has adopted the ADR's
    I support all uses of 4 Wheel Driving as long as it is legal but we need to know with certainity what those Laws are.
    Last edited by Bob; 3rd June 2011 at 08:15 AM.

RIP - valued member and true gentleman of this forum that will be missed by many! Silver's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrig View Post
    Hahaha ... I'd let the Stig take mine around - that'd be a hoot!! And in all honesty, I reckon mine would handle better ... I'd just put the short sway bar pins on for "sports mode"!!! lmfao
    Would be fun, wouldn't it! Silver has standard height Old Man Emu springs and fairly new Old Man Emu shocks.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    I dont drive a Lifted Patrol and never have but I can see for certain types of 4 Wheel Driving a Lift would be quite beneficial if not necessary. The whole purpose of me raising this question was to bring to the attention of members the Law in respect of Lifted Vehicles and repercussions of that law on Insurance Claims and Road infringements. If you are driving a vehicle which is not covered by Insurance and cause an accident it could bankrupt you . I am having trouble finding out what the actual Law is in Victoria as Vic Roads have several Documents on their site with different versions. No body can tell me whether Victoria has adopted the ADR's
    I support all uses of 4 Wheel Driving as long as it is legal but we need to know with ceratinity what those Laws are.
    100% agree mate - QLD is still governed by the 'Modifications Guidelines' and under that ruling, my lift is fine and my tyres (33's which most of us have) are 10mm above the 15mm increase limit - a risk I'm willing to take. By the way, the missus crashed tank last year (minor) and I had no grief from the insurer.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver View Post
    Would be fun, wouldn't it! Silver has standard height Old Man Emu springs and fairly new Old Man Emu shocks.
    Let's write in and suggest it!! lmao ...

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's write in and suggest it!! lmao ...
    Just to complete the hijack hahaha Loveday has time keepin on the race and drag tracks who needs the stig hahahahahhahahah

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    g`day guys
    i think all the time we have split state govts across the states you will never get it regulated
    not vehicles, but..... if i want to bring any of my firearms over your way i have to get a ok from vic , and from nsw , and from qld
    not bad for across the board...... UNIFORM FIREARM REGULATIONS across the country try wa what a bunch of tossers we have the strickest laws across the country
    so i dont think we would have a snow balls chance in hell, of having the same regulations for our 4x4`s across Australia
    maybe we get rid of the governments all together and NISSANPATROL.com.au runs this wonerful land of ours lol
    Last edited by nowoolies; 3rd June 2011 at 08:54 AM. Reason: as usual the computor cant spell
    HELL NO !!!!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by growlers71gq View Post
    Just to complete the hijack hahaha Loveday has time keepin on the race and drag tracks who needs the stig hahahahahhahahah
    Oh dear ... what have we started?!! lmfao

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nowoolies View Post
    g`day guys
    i think all the time we have split state govts across the states you will never get it regulated
    not vehicles, but..... if i want to bring any of my firearms over your way i have to get a ok from vic , and from nsw , and from qld
    not bad for across the board...... UNIFORM FIREARM REGULATIONS across the country try wa what a bunch of tossers we have the strickest laws across the country
    so i dont think we would have a snow balls chance in hell, of having the same regulations for our 4x4`s across Australia
    maybe we get rid of the governments all together and NISSANPATROL.com.au runs this wonerful land of ours lol
    Here here!! lol

Can I be the diplomatic relations minister?? lmao

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here here!! lol

Can I be the diplomatic relations minister?? lmao
    well if that dont get things rollin nothing`s gunna work ...roflmfao
    HELL NO !!!!!!