Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking to get a patrol

Hey all,
    Im looking at getting a GU Patrol. First time buying a 4wd of any sort so your input would be great!! Im looking at getting anything from 2011 onwards, and would love to know the pros and cons! Fuel Consumption, Towing capacity, How many KMS is a good number. I heard there is a probelm with the Common Rail? Things i should keep my eye out for when looking at the cars. Thanks in advance for anyones input

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 994 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum mate.
    In the words of a Dhuck "QUACK".

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello and welcome to the forum.
    As I lay there looking up, taking in the spectacular view that was the night sky and the multitude of stars I asked myself, where did my tent go?

Thanks
    Thanked 20,754 Times in 8,577 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum mate and feel free to ask any questions.

You might bet a better response by asking questions in a different section as a lot of folk don't read the intros.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    G'day mate and welcome to the forum. Tis a big question you ask. Some vehicles (not just 4x4 or Patrols) have lots of Ks and still plenty left in them. Some low K vehicles are sold because they have issues. Depends on the vehicle and where and how the Ks were put on. Fuel consumption compared to non 4x4 is generally lousy and will vary according to towing or not and speed. I have seen some issues on this forum re the common rail leaking around the timing cover and some complaints about the pressure valve in the common rail. Not too many and not too often. Overall it seems to be a pretty reasonable motor IMHO. Best idea is to look at a few, pick a couple you like then ask on here what the opinions are.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. The CRD Patrols suffer no more issues than any other CRD on the market, given regular servicing & maintenance. They are arguably less problematic than the preceding DI models and the 4.2ltr "kettle". The one issue the current CRD suffers from, is being "under powered" by it's 3ltr motor. This can be improved on with some motor mods such as, exhaust, air input, and CPU remapping. Done correctly, and within reasonable safe specs, this will increase it's available power.
    2014 Titanium Y61 with all the fruit ................

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a 2011 CRD, had it 3 years. its done 225k km now. I drop the oil every 5km, has a catch can, tune and 3" exhaust. Aside from that no problems.
    The tune and running 20PSI has made it mush more responsive and feels like it has ample power now, before it was a little sluggish.