OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: Pin configuration for Y60 CAS plug.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Pin configuration for Y60 CAS plug.

Hello. I have bought a non-running 1994 Y60 with EFI. - I think this is the TB42E (?)
    The CAS connector plug on the wiring harness has been removed, so I found a replacement plug from a Ford harness that needed very little mods to fit very nicely. This is the same distributor. New Distributor.jpg
    Now after many hours of searching WSM's and manufacturer info etc I still have no clear info as to which pin on the CAS is which. It's that simple. The four wires are: *Switched B+ [ign rail]. *Earth. *2 different pulse signals.

I have the diagram so the wires are easily identified. Most diagrams show that they go to connector slot number 1,2,3 or 4, but I can find nothing to guide me as to slot numbering which of course, depends on the orientation of the plug and the viewer.

The previous owner fried the CAS by getting this part wrong. I think I may have done that too by assuming that the pins were 1 to 4 from left to right when looking at the harness side of the connector with the lock tab at the top. The new CAS gave no 5 volt signals on a bench test when wired this way. I simply need to be sure of the pin numbering. Easy - right?

Well I hope it is for somebody on here because I am unable to find a simple pin out diagram for this connector, and I like to think I'm no novice at searching for such things. It would be wonderful if a member could help in any way.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps a member who owns one of these vehicles could take a pic of their CAS connector and send it to me?
    Last edited by mrkeed; 15th January 2019 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Typo error

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, This is a 1995 GQ TB42E Distributor Part 37J10
    Black - Ground
    Black with Red grommet - 13.8v in
    Green
    Red
    Guide to reading wiring diagrams, extracted from the GQ Service Manual:

Here's a thread is about converting TB42 to aftermarket electronic ignition, these fellas may be able to help further:
    http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...o-your-GQ-TB42
    Cheers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by glddt; 20th January 2019 at 08:43 PM.
    1999 Nissan Patrol GU (Y61) RD28ETi Wagon MT - 272,000 km - 275/75R16 BS Dueler A/T | Mods: Donator SpeedBox VPM20 Chip