Hey fellas, I'm sure I've done one of these introduction things before on here.... But I can't use the search function for some reason... Or see any pics posted in threads WTF?!
I've been a lurker of these forums for years and had dramas signing up for the longest time.
I've owned 5 or so GQs and spent countless $$$ modifying them. These include 3 TD42 wagons, one shorty converted to TD42, a stroked 383 chev powered wagon (an absolute beast with 500+ HP) a TB42 wagon and my most recent acquisition, an immaculate 97 rx RB30 powered wagon which I picked up for peanuts ( this thing looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor). Just lucky this time around, right place and the right time. Plans for this one are to swap engines keep the 2 inch lift and All terrains and leave it stock looking aesthetically.
The current engine I suspect has done a head gasket and it is also carburetted. The replacement motor is a RB30 from a VL commodre with fuel injection, so that's going in then rebuild the stuffed engine for some big horsepower via a couple of turbos. Just got the new wagon and engine home today so I've already begun ripping the cooked donk out, exciting stuff.....

I was originally intending on converting this to a Ford Barra engine and turbo setup, but as fate would have it a RB30 popped up for sale the day I was heading home at a good price so I couldn't pass it up. I've seen some big horsepower come from these little RB30s and thought I'd give it a whirl first and do the Barra conversion on another GQ down the track.

Anyway, enough gas bagging.
How do I get access to pics etc. It is driving me nuts!