Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GU 42TDi 12mm pump upgrade

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GU 42TDi 12mm pump upgrade

Afternoon ladies and gents. Plenty of good information on here for me to traul through as always.

I've just ordered a 230hp 12mm fuel pump from UFI over in WA and some other bits and pieces including a planned front mount upgrade for the intercooler.

Thought I'd put the shout out and see if anyone has any advice before I start pulling bits off. Any tips and tricks particularly on removing/replacing the pump would be appreciated.

Also if anyone wants to see anything in particular from my upgrade while I'm doing it I'd be happy to follow up on here.

Cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just me but I'd be getting a mechanic with a Dyno to do it , that way you can get it tuned right .

Thanks
    Thanked 13,494 Times in 6,598 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Have a look at this thread from post 418 for my Front amount and UFI pump fit.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...he-GUIV-TD42Ti
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (Third time I've tried to reply.. not sure if something I'm doing or just not waiting long enough for it to post...)

Thanks fellas. I was always going to take it to someone who knows what they're doing to give it a decent tune. Don't see the point in paying someone to swap out a pump.

I've had a bit of a look at your post MR and looks like there's a lot of info in there. I'll be referencing that for sure once I start pulling bits off and trying to fit my intercooler. Looks like I've got the same one as you only half the size.. I've also only gone 2.5in on the IC side of the plumbing as I was a bit worried about getting it through and around where I wanted it. Hopefully won't restrict things too much.

The parts are slowly starting to arrive!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a bit done today.. looks like I've got all the hard parts ahead of me.

Thanks again to MR. I reckon you've saved me a lot of headaches when I eventually fit a winch!

For anyone interested..

20190121_194517.jpg
    USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1548043298206.jpg_1548043302647.jpeg20190121_155110.jpg
    20190121_143856.jpg
    20190121_165427.jpg
    Snapchat-1017181203.jpg

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 0-TJ-0 For This Useful Post:

Hodge (21st January 2019), MudRunnerTD (23rd January 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 0-TJ-0 View Post
    (Third time I've tried to reply.. not sure if something I'm doing or just not waiting long enough for it to post...)
    Technically you are doing nothing wrong, your first two post where reply's 2 Darren's post which contained a link therefor they went into moderation, any posts made by members that have not made 15 posts will get moderated if they contain links 2 websites or email addresses ( even if its in a quoted post ), unfortunately doing so helps us keep some control on spammers.
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NissanGQ4.2 For This Useful Post:

0-TJ-0 (22nd January 2019), MudRunnerTD (23rd January 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All plumbed up now except for a few bits i was missing. There's a lot of joins which I'm not super happy about but should be right to get me up and running.

Bit of a hold up on my pump and turbo from ufi but should be here early next week.

20190122_162102.jpg20190122_162057.jpg

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Looking good mate. Glad my thread has been helpful.

Just an observation, why have you not fitted clamps to the intercooler piping?? They will blow off for sure!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Looking good mate. Glad my thread has been helpful.

Just an observation, why have you not fitted clamps to the intercooler piping?? They will blow off for sure!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    They're on thier way! I had the presence of mind to pre-order the silicon adapters for the intercooler but totally forgot about the clamps to suit! Not a biggy, I ended up needing one more bit of pipe anyway.

In your thread I read someone warning you about the joiners blowing off. Have you had any issues with this? I have one or two joins where I had to cut the pipe (and the rolled bead off) to make it work. I'm thinking I'll need to at least sort those couple joins out with something. In the long run I'd like to take it to someone and have some parts made up in stainless but if I have no issues that'll probably never happen...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 0-TJ-0 View Post
    They're on thier way! I had the presence of mind to pre-order the silicon adapters for the intercooler but totally forgot about the clamps to suit! Not a biggy, I ended up needing one more bit of pipe anyway.

In your thread I read someone warning you about the joiners blowing off. Have you had any issues with this? I have one or two joins where I had to cut the pipe (and the rolled bead off) to make it work. I'm thinking I'll need to at least sort those couple joins out with something. In the long run I'd like to take it to someone and have some parts made up in stainless but if I have no issues that'll probably never happen...
    Hi mate, yeah i bought a Pipe and Joiner package off ebay including the good clamps. I still needed a few extras but it saved me a packet..

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/UNIVERSA...53.m1438.l2649

i cut most of teh pipes to suit my specific needs and cut most of the rolled edges off as they just didnt work. I made a point of keeping everything clean and no WD40 or other contaminants. some of the dry joints where hard to get on but got everything sorted.

When i pumped 25psi+ down them i blow a few f them actually. only where i had used crap clamps though. anything wth the double pull clamps held well. I also used a impact driver with a deep 10mm socket to do the clamps up. Saves a heap of time and worked great. The silicon and decent clamps will be fine i reckon. Holding 27psi to 32psi in 40c all day now mate.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

0-TJ-0 (24th January 2019)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast