Thread: Y62 cooling fan engaging

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crapwelder View Post
    Hey guys, finally got time to get this problem sorted, took the car to Bathurst Nissan dealership last week, they had it for the day, found the fan electro clutch hub was fuc#ed (as was the consensus with you guys and others, and explained/discussed with them), they ordered the parts, Bathurst Nissan had the car today, fitted new clutch hub and done a computer reset, problem fixed. Took it for a big run this arvo no problems, works as it should, no Kenworth sounding fan in my bonnet.
    A big thanks to the Bathurst automotive group for taking the time and care to find and sort the problem out.
    Nice work, ensure you let the flogs at Orange Nissan know that someone bothered to actually look and that they have now Lost your Service work for the life of the car. Make sure their Dealer Principle gets that message.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback CW...

On a general note this whole saga yet again highlights that after a short period from release of any vehicle (indeed any manuf) a 'responsible' internet group, and this group kicks butt knows a bloody sight more about a car than ANY mech shop who is relying only on factory knowledge.

Thankfully, the relationship I have built up with my local Dealer mob over quite a few years means they always listen and will check what I request and not write me off as "some flogger of a cust, we have a poota and a dumber n dogshit apprentice checklist so what would he know"
    Last edited by the evil twin; 15th March 2019 at 11:12 AM.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, yep the muppets at Orange will be getting a nice little letter shortly pointing out how crap their service was, the guys at Bathurst were happy to have a look within 2 days, Orange took 2 weeks to look. Any way it’s good now, the Bathurst Nissan will being seeing it for servicing.
    You would think a tech would have a look at a few forums if they were interested in their product, it’s usually the enthusiast who learns the ins and outs of a ducks guts, and these forums are full of them. learn, solve or have a go, lots of minds working together, smarter than a factory service letter.
    keep up the good work..
    Last edited by Crapwelder; 15th March 2019 at 08:53 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123