Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: diesel treatments????

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi mate

Mines a TD42. Adding a"diesel treatment" will stop diesel bug from growing in your tank. Its a really good idea it your rig is not a daily runner to.

Regards

Kel

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use this stuff called Clean Power - super concentrate fuel treatment. This stuff works like a charm. Since using this along with there flushing oil concentrate my truck no longer blows black smoke and seems to run smoother. I got it from cost effective maintenance, can't remember the price but will be using this stuff again.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A reasonably old thread...however I am going to be doing the CEM "oil flush" in next few days, have already added the fuel aditive to 120 litres of diesel.
    Vehicle is currently at 7000km from last service according to log book, and producing smoke on hard acceleration (I didnt know, it was pointed out to me....I am used to smoky diesels courtesy of work)
    Always a bit sceptical about additives, however I will be interested to see any results.
    Will be doing a hot drop of current oil, half hour run of cheap oil and additive with original filter, then loading up with Nulon 15W-40 diesel oil and new filter
    Will use this service as a baseline for any future engine maintenence, as I am unsure of the service history of this vehicle.
    Dave
    99 GU 2.8 TD
    Brisvegas, QLD

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robbo0001 View Post
    A reasonably old thread...however I am going to be doing the CEM "oil flush" in next few days, have already added the fuel aditive to 120 litres of diesel.
    Vehicle is currently at 7000km from last service according to log book, and producing smoke on hard acceleration (I didnt know, it was pointed out to me....I am used to smoky diesels courtesy of work)
    Always a bit sceptical about additives, however I will be interested to see any results.
    Will be doing a hot drop of current oil, half hour run of cheap oil and additive with original filter, then loading up with Nulon 15W-40 diesel oil and new filter
    Will use this service as a baseline for any future engine maintenence, as I am unsure of the service history of this vehicle.
    Most engine flushes are designed for well maintained engines only. the nulon engine flush states this clearly. If there are sludge deposits in your engine the additive will pick it up and take it through your motor. be careful.
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

diesel treatments????

Well, there didn't appear to be excessive oil volume on dropping the sump.
    I didn't manage to measure the oil output, but could strain it it. No big release of oil buid up or gunk. This always appeared to be a very well maintained vehicle, the primary reason we purchased it.
    Diff, transfer and gearbox oils were in good state.
    Any "placebo" effect could purely be down to new oil everywhere, and new filters.
    The new engine oil, as expected, is already black.
    I still have enough of the oil concentrate for many more services, so will add it to old oil prior to dropping it. Still have 110 litre of diesel to burn through, with the diesel additive. No apparent change in driveability.

Heading to Mt Mee or Glasshouse with my kids tomorrow any adverse effect should be noticeable pretty quick.
    Dave
    99 GU 2.8 TD
    Brisvegas, QLD

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey mate check this one here out this is really good and recomended by a few people going to do mine at the next service

Also Rio Tinto use this in there mine vehicles

http://www.costeffective.com.au/show....php?ItemId=29

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats exactly what I used mate
    Dave
    99 GU 2.8 TD
    Brisvegas, QLD

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the Lubro Moly Diesel Purge. It is a very high quality product. The proper way to use it is direct from a glass jar. Here is a good link with instructions: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=87948

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used CEM treatment for diesels twice - once on my son's old H2 which had 350,000 or so when he got it, and again the other day on a friend's 3.0DI Patrol, which had a replacement engine fitted, mileage unknown.

The old Toymota dropped about 12 litres out of the 10 litre sump and the 3.0 dropped 10 litres from 8.5. Lots of sludge in both cases.

Both engines were very noticeably better afterwards - quieter, nore power, and less fuel. The 3.0 was unnervingly noisy to my ears (they aren't up to speed on Nissan Detonation.......) but sounds much better now.

I also used the "maintenance" dose of CEM in the petrol Jackaroo at 100,000 and again at 130,000. There was no sludge at all (as expected) but the colour of the dropped oil was noticeably darker. Made no difference to the fuel economy of the 3.5, though.......

For fuel you can use Fuel Doctors or Chemteck or any of the others mentioned. The primary aim is to kill fungii and disperse water. Adding Castrol 2T oil at 200:1 will not harm the engine, and will be a help if you happen to get a batch of low sulphur diesel with insufficient lubricants. This can easily happen due to various reasons including deliberate dilution with cheaper products with low lubricity.

We used to race karts, and in the Rotax Max we ran 50:1 mix and revved all day to 14,500. The amound of condensed oil when you looked inside a cold engine was incredible - we never tested it but we were confident we could have run 80:1 without seizing. So adding 2T to diesel at 200:1 will provide considerable lubrication to all moving parts inside the fuel system, and will burn away easily along with the diesel.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone suggested putting metho in the tank to reduce the issues with water & bacteria. Anyone hear of this and if it is a good idea?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast