OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: cannot engage the pto- lever stuck in neutral=1988 nissan safari patrol- 250,000kms

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cannot engage the pto- lever stuck in neutral=1988 nissan safari patrol- 250,000kms

Hi,
    seeking help from forum members after searching the forum.

I cannot move the selector in the cabin for the PTO into forward or reverse.

It worked about a year ago when I put new dyniq tow rope onto the drum spool.

Now the drum itself will free spool and lock on the end hub of the winch and I can move the drum when in free position by hand. So can pull the tow rope off the drum.

So start the engine, all gears in neutral, let the clutch out and when try to move the forward or reverse PTO gear selector stick, it wont budge.

Any suggestions from forum members?
    cheers,
    john

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the PTO gearbox for the winch. You may find the cable is frozen with rust. Its a pig of a job but will probably take you 20 minutes to disconnect the cable and ensure it is free, You could disconnect at the PTO and the move the lever in the cabin and see it it moves, easier with one person under the car but can be done with one. Then with the cable disconnected ensure the actual PTO lever can be moved by hand. If the PTO free wheeling hub on the winch works, I assume its the genuine Nissan unit, then there isn't much more to the system.