OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2539 of 2628 FirstFirst ... 153920392439248925292537253825392540254125492589 ... LastLast
Results 25,381 to 25,390 of 26274

Thread: General banter

  1. #25381
    Patrol Guru Bidja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Southern Table Lands, NSW
    Posts
    984
    Thanks
    850
    Thanked 774 Times in 454 Posts
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    As you have found out with back pain comes a heap of other miseries because of inactivity.
    Ive had this shite since Sept 91 endured 20 major Ops not including all the spinal taps nerve burning etc.
    It was ok for a few years. Ill keep going till I get some quality of life back. It may have stopped me
    going hard core 4x4ing but it doesnt stop me camping and fishing, seems that all Ive got left after recent events
    Highly recommend that load bearing MRI no point lying down all the pressure is off eh
    Yeh, have read a bit of your journey. Dogs provide great comfort and love to join in with the party. All the best mate.

    Have not been thru all as you have. In 2005/06 spent 66 days in hospital/9 months off work (ruptured large bowel/peritonitis/sigmoidectomy) and a few trip back up until 2010. Retired back in 2009. Good now hard to keep me down.
    Also love my fishing(fly)/camping (do it every couple of wks up the snowy mountains up in behind Kiandra, NSW (some quiet places). As I say, every day is a Saturday and decide which one go for a fish.

    Use to live in Vic, went up around Benambra (Gibbo) and Jamieson/Woods Point (1970s).

    Few recent pics of enjoyement.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bidja For This Useful Post:

    GQtdauto (10th March 2018), threedogs (10th March 2018), TPC (10th March 2018), Wine_maker (11th March 2018)

  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

     

  4. #25382
    Patrol God
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,398
    Thanks
    4,595
    Thanked 4,560 Times in 2,607 Posts
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jay see View Post
    Hodge mate. I'm in the same boat.

    Over the last 4 years I've built up my Patrol from a stockie to what it is now. It's still not where I want it to be but it's not that far.
    The way I look at it is that I've probably got a few more years before I can pick up and go, hopefully I'll have the Patrol completely finished by then.

    In the meantime I need something to drive down the ring road too. I enjoy driving this car. I've got 4 years before I can look at club reg.
    That ring *cough * car park *cough* road can be challenging mate... Definitely need a front locker !!


    On a side note, the minister of finance, wholeheartedly dis-approves with even slight mention of getting rid of the Patrol.
    2005 TD42TI

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

    jay see (10th March 2018)

  6. #25383
    Legendary jay see's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,688
    Thanks
    2,910
    Thanked 2,138 Times in 1,312 Posts
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    That ring *cough * car park *cough* road can be challenging mate... Definitely need a front locker !!


    On a side note, the minister of finance, wholeheartedly dis-approves with even slight mention of getting rid of the Patrol.
    That car park you speak of isn't that bad at 6am and on the way home I'm off at the Calder so I miss the ej bridge, but can still take 45+ minutes to travel 25km and on that side note that's a good thing yeah

    Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

  7. #25384
    In Moderation
    mudski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eltham North
    Posts
    13,773
    Thanks
    6,264
    Thanked 7,934 Times in 4,883 Posts
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drove up to Albury on Saturday to meet up with the buyers of our camper trailer as they live in Nimitabel, so I said to meet up at a caravan park in Albury and I would show them how to set it up. Stayed the night in Albury and drove home on Sunday, only to find out on Sunday morning that the alternator on the Patrol isnt charging. So we drove from Albury to Beechworth, to King valley and into Whitfield, then into Mansfield then home. Didn't turn the car off just incase it wouldn't start. Got home with 11.5v left in the battery.

    Now I just have to find out if its the alternator or a broken wire to the alternator, which has happened once before.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

    GQtdauto (12th March 2018)

  9. #25385
    Legendary jay see's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,688
    Thanks
    2,910
    Thanked 2,138 Times in 1,312 Posts
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always good to make it home, especially when you know that there's a problem.

    Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk
    12/97 GEE YOU
    4.5lt Gas blower. Lots of mods to come.....all in good time.

  10. #25386
    The 747 Winnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Newborough, VIC
    Posts
    15,990
    Thanks
    6,474
    Thanked 10,382 Times in 5,505 Posts
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Drove up to Albury on Saturday to meet up with the buyers of our camper trailer as they live in Nimitabel, so I said to meet up at a caravan park in Albury and I would show them how to set it up. Stayed the night in Albury and drove home on Sunday, only to find out on Sunday morning that the alternator on the Patrol isnt charging. So we drove from Albury to Beechworth, to King valley and into Whitfield, then into Mansfield then home. Didn't turn the car off just incase it wouldn't start. Got home with 11.5v left in the battery.

    Now I just have to find out if its the alternator or a broken wire to the alternator, which has happened once before.
    Wouldn't have been able to do that in the old 3L hey

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

    mudski (13th March 2018)

  12. #25387
    Legendary GQtdauto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Northeast Victoria
    Posts
    3,644
    Thanks
    5,073
    Thanked 1,866 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Drove up to Albury on Saturday to meet up with the buyers of our camper trailer as they live in Nimitabel, so I said to meet up at a caravan park in Albury and I would show them how to set it up. Stayed the night in Albury and drove home on Sunday, only to find out on Sunday morning that the alternator on the Patrol isnt charging. So we drove from Albury to Beechworth, to King valley and into Whitfield, then into Mansfield then home. Didn't turn the car off just incase it wouldn't start. Got home with 11.5v left in the battery.

    Now I just have to find out if its the alternator or a broken wire to the alternator, which has happened once before.
    Not sure which alternator or motor you have mate but have one from a Td 4.2 and one from a 2002 3Ltr in the shed one is not charging over 14 volts the other has a noisy clutch when first starting up , you would have been within 30 Kay's of my joint too .

  13. #25388
    In Moderation
    mudski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eltham North
    Posts
    13,773
    Thanks
    6,264
    Thanked 7,934 Times in 4,883 Posts
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GQtdauto View Post
    Not sure which alternator or motor you have mate but have one from a Td 4.2 and one from a 2002 3Ltr in the shed one is not charging over 14 volts the other has a noisy clutch when first starting up , you would have been within 30 Kay's of my joint too .
    The mighty TD mate. I knew I was going to get home. With no alternator so I wasn’t fussed. But thanks for the offer.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #25389
    Legendary GQtdauto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Northeast Victoria
    Posts
    3,644
    Thanks
    5,073
    Thanked 1,866 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    The mighty TD mate. I knew I was going to get home. With no alternator so I wasn’t fussed. But thanks for the offer.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Might be interesting for some to note that Wangaratta is the home of Auto 8 a fleabay and internet sales company of alternators and starters etc while I'm not endorsing them if your up in the hills around here on a trip and something gives up the ghost they are not far away .
    Also I do have some bits and pieces here at my joint and if home I can see if I can help anyone out from the forum just not sure how to put my mobile number out without getting the whacko calls .

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GQtdauto For This Useful Post:

    Bidja (13th March 2018), Hodge (13th March 2018), mudski (13th March 2018)

  16. #25390
    In Moderation
    mudski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Eltham North
    Posts
    13,773
    Thanks
    6,264
    Thanked 7,934 Times in 4,883 Posts
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GQtdauto View Post
    Might be interesting for some to note that Wangaratta is the home of Auto 8 a fleabay and internet sales company of alternators and starters etc while I'm not endorsing them if your up in the hills around here on a trip and something gives up the ghost they are not far away .
    Also I do have some bits and pieces here at my joint and if home I can see if I can help anyone out from the forum just not sure how to put my mobile number out without getting the whacko calls .
    Yeah I got mine from eBay too. It has 5 years warranty. Just need the time to get it swapped over before Easter.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2539 of 2628 FirstFirst ... 153920392439248925292537253825392540254125492589 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •