OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2625 of 2628 FirstFirst ... 1625212525252575261526232624262526262627 ... LastLast
Results 26,241 to 26,250 of 26274

Thread: General banter

In Moderation
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,946 Times in 4,890 Posts
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

General banter

So it looks like our annual family trip to Merimbula will be scrapped due to the bush fires. We are now looking at dragging the camper down the Great Ocean Road and just travel west in the hope of finding somewhere to pull up for a few nights each time.
    I've traveled the GOR quite a few times but have never camped anywhere along there. I reckon we'll drive as far as Cape Otway for the first stop.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by mudski; 1st January 2020 at 10:02 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,306 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Youíll be struggling to find any vacancies along the GOR at this time of year Mark. Very little free camping available and they are red hot on illegal campers.

This time of year itís absolutely packed and it can take hours to get from Torquay to Apollo Bay along the GOR.

Couple of spots in the Otways and probably the only one that would have room would be Dandos Camp Ground. Pretty good free camp but can get busy. Only other place that might have room could be Port Campbell Recreation Reserve, about $10 per person per night.
    Get a copy of WikiCamps if you donít already have one, well worth the $7 one off charge.

Son is in the same situation as you, he was heading up to Ben Boyd NP and now looking at other options.

Good luck finding a place, the GOR is one of my favourite spots.
    Cheers
    Jack

2012 Simpson 50th Anniversary Edition.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jack For This Useful Post:

mudski (2nd January 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,866 Times in 2,432 Posts
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    So it looks like our annual family trip to Merimbula will be scrapped due to the bush fires. We are now looking at dragging the camper down the Great Ocean Road and just travel west in the hope of finding somewhere to pull up for a few nights each time.
    I've traveled the GOR quite a few times but have never camped anywhere along there. I reckon we'll drive as far as Cape Otway for the first stop.

Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by jack View Post
    Youíll be struggling to find any vacancies along the GOR at this time of year Mark. Very little free camping available and they are red hot on illegal campers.

This time of year itís absolutely packed and it can take hours to get from Torquay to Apollo Bay along the GOR.

Couple of spots in the Otways and probably the only one that would have room would be Dandos Camp Ground. Pretty good free camp but can get busy. Only other place that might have room could be Port Campbell Recreation Reserve, about $10 per person per night.
    Get a copy of WikiCamps if you donít already have one, well worth the $7 one off charge.

Son is in the same situation as you, he was heading up to Ben Boyd NP and now looking at other options.

Good luck finding a place, the GOR is one of my favourite spots.
    Considering all this, up the Murray with lots of people heading back to work?
    When you have to shoot, shoot.
    Don't talk.
    ~Tuco.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Plasnart For This Useful Post:

mudski (2nd January 2020)

In Moderation
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    Considering all this, up the Murray with lots of people heading back to work?
    We thought about that but we want to go coastal.
    I realise the GOR will be packed, it’s the holidays, it’s gonna be busy pretty much anywhere.
    But we have found a few basic parks with vacancies surprisingly enough. All the Big4s are booked but we don’t want to go to those anyway. Seems a lot are coming home when we are going out...
    We can bush camp, but my camper doesn’t have a battery, it only runs via Anderson from the Patrol. So not really sure how the aux battery will handle the extra load.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 4,616 Times in 2,049 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just heard on the radio the smoke pollution in Canberra is extreme... Spoke to my sis there and apparently this is what it looks like from her desk at work...

Thinking of everyone up there, hope you and yours are ok @Maxhead

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rusty_nail For This Useful Post:

jack (2nd January 2020), Rossco (2nd January 2020), threedogs (2nd January 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,306 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty_nail View Post
    Just heard on the radio the smoke pollution in Canberra is extreme... Spoke to my sis there and apparently this is what it looks like from her desk at work...

Thinking of everyone up there, hope you and yours are ok @Maxhead

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Damn, got family heading up there at the moment. Apparently smoke is intense on the Hume with less than 300m visibility.
    Cheers
    Jack

2012 Simpson 50th Anniversary Edition.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,763 Times in 2,355 Posts
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    We thought about that but we want to go coastal.
    I realise the GOR will be packed, itís the holidays, itís gonna be busy pretty much anywhere.
    But we have found a few basic parks with vacancies surprisingly enough. All the Big4s are booked but we donít want to go to those anyway. Seems a lot are coming home when we are going out...
    We can bush camp, but my camper doesnít have a battery, it only runs via Anderson from the Patrol. So not really sure how the aux battery will handle the extra load.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Head my way, Mark. You can camp in our paddock and use our camp ensuite.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

mudski (2nd January 2020), rusty_nail (2nd January 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,759 Times in 5,570 Posts
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The GOR Region will be nuts mate. Sorry. Especially with the falls festival beolinh cancelled. All those where told to go home bit I bet my nana plenty went bush to anywhere that takes a tent.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.

In Moderation
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    The GOR Region will be nuts mate. Sorry. Especially with the falls festival beolinh cancelled. All those where told to go home bit I bet my nana plenty went bush to anywhere that takes a tent.
    Its going to be nuts anywhere we go. It always is this time of year. We've checked a few campsites now, and we won't have issues booking anything if we have to resort to that. Being next week and the week after, a lot are back at work.
    @mudnut. Thank you for the kind offer mate. I will keep that in mind. We are not sure what we are doing as of yet.

Robe and Cape Jaffa have plenty of room we know, as a family we met up at Merimbula are in the same boat as us, they are now booked in at Robe.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (2nd January 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,763 Times in 2,355 Posts
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah, Robe and district is a good choice. Love that area.

Page 2625 of 2628 FirstFirst ... 1625212525252575261526232624262526262627 ... LastLast