Hybrid View

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dash Camera

Hi all,

With so many dashcams out there I was hoping for some member input into which ones are worth considering.

TIA
    As I lay there looking up, taking in the spectacular view that was the night sky and the multitude of stars I asked myself, where did my tent go?

Thanks
    Thanked 11,321 Times in 4,990 Posts
    Mentioned
    472 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steer well clear of these Mc4by mate!
    https://youtu.be/8KcpzXwNiZs
    Got sucked into an infomercial late one night :-)
    Bought it to capture some mountain tracks to share here and the bloody thing jams/freezes up somehow always at the best bits, grrrrrr :-(
    Only way to reboot it is to unplug and then wait around an hour for the internal battery to die, piece of crap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

Mc4by (23rd December 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just bought 2 of these, not sure if they are any good yet as they are xmas present 2 myself and the missus

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/4-Dash-C...U/152929519299

Depends on what ya after I guess
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NissanGQ4.2 For This Useful Post:

Mc4by (23rd December 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NissanGQ4.2 View Post
    I've just bought 2 of these, not sure if they are any good yet as they are xmas present 2 myself and the missus

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/4-Dash-C...U/152929519299

Depends on what ya after I guess
    So installed my 70 buck camera this morning after the kids opened their presents, didn't read any instructions, set the date and time and that's about it, I was in a rush...... Yeh a 500 buck camera may capture a bit better but as I said depends what you want.

I captured some farktard driving 50, 60 ,70, 80kph in an 80 zone, all over the place , on the brakes hard in a slight corner for no reason, I swear if he wasn't pissed as a fart he really needs 2 hand his license in. I don't know if he was looking at his phone beside him or up his passengers skirt if she had one on as he certainly was not paying attention 2 the road in front and was constantly turning his head towards her

I cracked it and over took when I could safely before I had 2 witness him crashing into a telegraph pole, not for the fact I gave a shit that he did, but I know my partner would not let me just pull over, call him a farktard and drive off again which I would of done.

I'll try and upload a vid 2morrow.

Merry Xmas @Mc4by

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to NissanGQ4.2 For This Useful Post:

Mc4by (26th December 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So installed my 70 buck camera this morning after the kids opened their presents, didn't read any instructions, set the date and time and that's about it, I was in a rush...... Yeh a 500 buck camera may capture a bit better but as I said depends what you want.

I captured some farktard driving 50, 60 ,70, 80kph in an 80 zone, all over the place , on the brakes hard in a slight corner for no reason, I swear if he wasn't pissed as a fart he really needs 2 hand his license in. I don't know if he was looking at his phone beside him or up his passengers skirt if she had one on as he certainly was not paying attention 2 the road in front and was constantly turning his head towards her

I cracked it and over took when I could safely before I had 2 witness him crashing into a telegraph pole, not for the fact I gave a shit that he did, but I know my partner would not let me just pull over, call him a farktard and drive off again which I would of done.

I'll try and upload a vid 2morrow.

Merry Xmas @Mc4by
    What a great way to test out your new toy. I look forward to seeing if you got some good footage.

I have been looking at the Uniden iGO 80 and it is now down $50 for boxing day.
    As I lay there looking up, taking in the spectacular view that was the night sky and the multitude of stars I asked myself, where did my tent go?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mc4by View Post
    What a great way to test out your new toy. I look forward to seeing if you got some good footage.

I have been looking at the Uniden iGO 80 and it is now down $50 for boxing day.
    The vids are not as clear as the originals, Both Vids where about 500MB so I converted them 2 around 80MB before uploading them and not sure what the distorted noise is in the mic, could of been the power lead vibrating against the camera body. Have not set up the rear camera yet so not sure what the quality of that one is like yet.

When I get a chance to play with it some more I'll give you more feedback.

Below is the vid of some fartard doing 50, 60, and if lucky 80 for a few mins before going back 2 50 and 60kph in an 80 zone

Not sure if his missus had no undies on or his phone was in the centre console, because he clearly was looking 2 the left more than the road in front. I was hoping 2 see him hit a telegraph pole so I could upload it 2 Dashcams Aust *L*

This one is about the last 5mins of our journey back home

P.S: Apologies for my partners poor taste in music!
    Last edited by NissanGQ4.2; 26th December 2018 at 11:39 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NissanGQ4.2 For This Useful Post:

Mc4by (26th December 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The vids are not as clear as the originals, Both Vids where about 500MB so I converted them 2 around 80MB before uploading them and not sure what the distorted noise is in the mic, could of been the power lead vibrating against the camera body. Have not set up the rear camera yet so not sure what the quality of that one is like yet.

When I get a chance to play with it some more I'll give you more feedback.

Below is the vid of some fartard doing 50, 60, and if lucky 80 for a few mins before going back 2 50 and 60kph in an 80 zone

Not sure if his missus had no undies on or his phone was in the centre console, because he clearly was looking 2 the left more than the road in front. I was hoping 2 see him hit a telegraph pole so I could upload it 2 Dashcams Aust *L*

This one is about the last 5mins of our journey back home

P.S: Apologies for my partners poor taste in music!
    Thanks for taking the time to upload the videos. The quality is good enough for insurance purposes.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mc4by , the one I use in my patrol is the brand Lukas 7700 and it has never let me down, not cheap, but is HD 1080p . I think it gives me about 10 hours of driving time, the link below is a 3 day long weekend at 16 times the speed, sorry shorten it for YouTube cheers alex

97 GU Ti 4.5 on lpg , uhf icom Pro400, Garmin GPS Maps, HD-Lukas Dash Cam with gps tracking. Snorkel , I-Max 12000lb Winch , Twin rear light bracket on wheel carrier for light & uhf antenna,Draws unit, Electric Cargo barrier, HID headlights kit, LED Light Bar, 2 inch lift with HD King springs and Monroe Gas Magnum TDT 4WD Shock Absorbers, BS Dueler 697 Lt 285/75R-16 .

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to altech For This Useful Post:

Mc4by (23rd December 2018), mudski (24th December 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by altech View Post
    Hi Mc4by , the one I use in my patrol is the brand Lukas 7700 and it has never let me down, not cheap, but is HD 1080p . I think it gives me about 10 hours of driving time, the link below is a 3 day long weekend at 16 times the speed, sorry shorten it for YouTube cheers alex

You can read the plates easy enough. I will google 'Lukas'

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are all wide angle with some a bit wider than others (120deg+) so you lose ability to read number plates very quickly. You need to go for as high resolution as possible, which does limit the total length of records so a larger memory card might be worthwhile if you do want hours of records for some reason.
    I think GPS is a must have for obvious reasons.
    And a way of saving the record if/when an event occurs rather than using G sensors - usually available via one of the buttons. I do not use the G sensor as it tends to go off too easily, especially in the rough stuff, and just ends up clogging up memory.
    Suction cup mounts are a PITA (wobbly and they fall off) and some do come with an adhesive mount. I have replaced the cup on mine with a pot magnet so it never falls off and no more shake in the image. Bit of frigging around, but works really well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast