Thread: Headlight Upgrade

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Headlight Upgrade

Has anyone used this type of lamp replacement--sounds ok but...

On eBay:
    H4 252W 25200LM LED Headlight Kit Bulbs HIGH LOW Beam Replace Halogen AU STOCK

Looks like 10 amps per side, just not sure if that is for high beam or split between high and low.
    Any feedback will help.
    Thanks

eBay item number:
    So I purchased this 152575311647. I will install and post my opinion. About 3 weeks delivery--maybe making it (:
    Last edited by Dr Gary; 14th July 2017 at 02:07 PM. Reason: item number needed. purchase decision
    GU IV 2006; 3.0 DDi ST-S; Nissan Snorkel, Bull Bar and Tow Bar; Warn 8,000# Winch with Dyneema rope; Auber EGT, Boost and dual Battery gauges; Provent 200; Dual Batteries; Three Dogs recovery points; Rear Springs +20% load; Outback drawers and Cargo Barrier; UHF; [GPS, Radio, CD, Bluetooth, SD, USB] floor extension; Alloy roof rack
    "Smart people know what they don't know"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day Gary from Garry. I'm interested in this my self as I am sick of replacing my globes. I don't have Jap hands so, my headlights have to come out everytime a globe fails. And for some reason my ones blow a lot... Will subsrcibe to this thread to see what's said.
    Cheers.
    Garry
    2004 Y61 TD4.2TI Wagon

Thanks
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    had good results with these http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/Pro...v-6000K/523563
    not sure how they would go in a mud puddle ...
    if its worth doin its worth over doin

5. The Following User Says Thank You to garett For This Useful Post:

Dr Gary (13th July 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a set of these from the US. Think they're brilliant
    http://www.opt-7.com/fluxbeam-x-moto...led-headlight/
    2007 GU ST-S 4.8 Patrol.
    40mm heavy duty springs, Dual batteries,
    140 ltr fuel tank,Custom 60ltr water tank, draws, cargo barrier, bull bar, IPF spotties, UHF.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Skitzyrex For This Useful Post:

Dr Gary (13th July 2017)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have only recently bought my GU, and headlight performance is something I need where I live. I haven't got an answer for the GU, but I had a Subi Outback that ate globes for breakfast!! It was also a 2 hour job to replace them, such a ridiculous set up. Anyway in the process of trying to find decent light and reasonable life, I was told by Phillips lighting that 2 things reduce life span, 1. running headlights constantly (globes have an "hour" lifespan, and 2. extra power reduces life, great in the short term, expect to replace more often. In the end, I opted for upgrading my headlights to HID with the special reflectors. Expensive... yes, but replacing globes every 6 months is expensive as well and very time consuming, let alone getting stung by the highway cops for headlights out. The first thing I did to my Patrol was fit daylight running lights, so I dont have to use the headlights, then a wiring upgrade so that I get max voltage at the headlight, they have pitiful wiring at the plug!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 515 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm looking at the Speaker H4 led replacement, a few blokes I know run them in Kenworths with 7" hella headlights & love the light output , unsure how they'll go in GU lights with their reflector setup .

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a mate of mine did a projector conversion on his ute and it looked great. excellent penetration on long roads

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,298 Times in 6,438 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprock View Post
    I'm looking at the Speaker H4 led replacement, a few blokes I know run them in Kenworths with 7" hella headlights & love the light output , unsure how they'll go in GU lights with their reflector setup .
    Speaker lamps are real pricey. But a good bit of kit. Just remember LED headlights are a no no in Vic.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 515 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're about $290 a pair at our local truck parts place , Narva now do the exact same looking thing for $200 . What about all the cars with LED headlights @mudski ? Or is it ok on new cars that are ADRed with them ? I remember you had to take yours out

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,298 Times in 6,438 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprock View Post
    They're about $290 a pair at our local truck parts place , Narva now do the exact same looking thing for $200 . What about all the cars with LED headlights @mudski ? Or is it ok on new cars that are ADRed with them ? I remember you had to take yours out
    I'm not aware of any car having LED headlights from factory. HIDs yes. I could be and probably are incorrect here though. My headlights I removed were projectors with HID. I'd love to get some of those again, light output and direction was amazing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast