Thread: Icelandic Patrol

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Icelandic Patrol

Hi i am new here and trying to learn on this forum.I bought my Patrol 2 years ago it was on 38" tires and it did not float enough in the snow,so i put 44" under it and onboard air system for the tires.This is y60 gr slx 1995 2.8 tdi 3" exhaust,arb locker in the front,Nissan locker in the rear,5.42 diffs,2 diesel tanks,gps,vhf and stuff.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bessi For This Useful Post:

AB (16th December 2018), agustodinn (31st December 2018), GQtdauto (16th December 2018), Hodge (17th December 2018), Rossco (16th December 2018), rusty_nail (16th December 2018), Touses (16th December 2018), Woof (16th December 2018)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More pictures

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bessi For This Useful Post:

agustodinn (31st December 2018), GQtdauto (16th December 2018), rusty_nail (16th December 2018)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice rig bessi . we don't have setup like yours in Oz , it would be just about impossible to get it registered here . a couple of questions for you . is that an adjustable tyre pressure setup i can see on your wheels , no good in Oz , too many trees . can you remove the airlines from the wheels easily if the snow gets too deep and are you allowed to drive around town with them on . whats the box on the rear door where the spare used to be for , spares , safety/recovery gear ? are those tyres heavy duty light truck construction , how heavy is a tyre and rim combination . are the tyres speed rated , how fast can you safely/comfortably travel . what do you do if you get a flat ? sorry if too many questions . great photo's by the way .

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't you just love the tyres , pretty sure just like a monster truck you hope you won't get a puncture or pop a bead .
    Great pictures of a great GQ and thanks Bessi .

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GQtdauto For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (17th December 2018)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, yes it is an adjustable tyre pressure setup,i have walves and digital gauge inside the car,and ac compressor on the engine for the air,it work's great.in snow i'm at 2-4psi.I can remowe the airlines in 1-2 minutes.You could have the lines shorter and closer to the car.in town i dont think the cops like it,but no cops in my town😁the tires are Dick Cepek Fun Country 44" great in snow ,but on road😨 The rims are 15"x 17"wide steel so it is not light.If the car/tires are good you can go fast,but the speed limit is 90 kmh so thats it.The box in back is for magic rope to pull stuck Toyotas🤣,they hate my car but like my rope.We have tire repair kit to fix flat tires.I welded string inside of the tires so i wont pop a bead,many trucks have beadlock.Sorry for my rusty english,i have lot of pictures if you are intrested.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bessi For This Useful Post:

agustodinn (31st December 2018), GQtdauto (17th December 2018), rusty_nail (17th December 2018)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow
    Nice gq patrol!
    We dont get as much snow as you guys do in Iceland but even when we do, we tend to be on 37 inch tyres as a maximum size as we use them for all types of terrain.

It looks as thpugh this vehicle is completely set up for snow driving so can understand why you have this set up where as for us its more of a recreation thing so not always dr9ving in snow...
    Id like to know more about the tyre inflators (more pics, does it inflate and deflate whilst driving?)
    Also are you running standard gq diffs or are they chrome molly axles etc?
    Also to fit 44 inch what size lift? Is it custom axle as the tyres look like they go in under the car a fair bit and can you turn the tyres without scrubbing?
    Your english is perfectly understandable.

Welcome to the forum pal

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    20180709_111421.jpg

This is my vehicle on 37 inch pitbull rockers on trailgear alloy beadlocks. I have a fully built barra turbo engine in it thats capable of seeing around 700hp to the wheels of i wanted to turn it up that much.

It only has 250rwkw at the moment which is plenty for me unless i take it to the drag strip.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use it in the summer on 38" it has 10 cm blocks on the rear springs and the springs are longer than standard.it has no body lift,this was the 38" mods.in front i put air suspension.And bigger fender flares and trimmed the fenders.And have to cut some more ,front tires scrubb a little.I like to have it low and stable.standard axels with ARB in front and 5,42:1 rd28 can't break it😊the deflating system is the best
    Evolution in 10 years,last winter my 15 years old daughter was my co pilot and operated the deflating system and the gps.i asked for any psi and just drove.If you have 4 psi and get stuck you open 5 walves and wait for few sec close the walves at 2 psi and keep on trucking.All on the fly.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bessi For This Useful Post:

Baby Daddy (17th December 2018)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool barra mate

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Air

This is the simple edition,good flow,one gauge and won't break.One gauge can mesure,all tyres or one tyre or pressure from pump,depends on which walve is open.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bessi For This Useful Post:

Baby Daddy (17th December 2018), GQtdauto (17th December 2018)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast