Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 20,772 Times in 8,582 Posts
    Mentioned
    581 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
    This is what I lifted off the Marks 4x4 website. I have 85% reduction in ,y manual, but they are recommended for auto's. Be aware though that 85% is a huge difference in top end speed in low range - could affect sand driving ease as you are putting a lot more torque down to ground instead of speed. I think mine is too low for sand to be honest.

The 85% reduction gears give you the biggest reduction we offer. These are mainly suited to rock crawling vehicles or vehicles that are prone to run away down hill (fitted with an automatic transmission). As an example this reduction gives a manual vehicle about two full gears below where the factory gearing sat. The maximum speed in low range will be approximately the same as third gear with standard gearing. High range is not altered when fitting our low range gears
    Yeah 85% is huge Phill.

Awesome for the dedication of climbing etc but hard to still be an all rounder.

63 is perfect in my opinion. I've played a little bit on the soft sand with the 63% on the Murray 200m runs 1 foot soft as hell sand and it's awesome in 2nd and 3rd.

Still, a good set up rig should do first high with ease on sand flats moderately steep dunes too but that's another conversation...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (4th December 2018)