Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Going Solar on the GU wagon

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty_nail View Post
    im sure i have seen the equivalent on your beast? come on mate, not everyone is perfect
    Don’t dare say that on P4x4 lol

Proud BTrol Owner
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Yeti's Beast For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (6th April 2019)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeti's Beast View Post
    Don’t dare say that on P4x4 lol

Proud BTrol Owner
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    i already have my flame suit on mate haha
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rusty_nail For This Useful Post:

Yeti's Beast (6th April 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,451 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty_nail View Post
    im sure i have seen the equivalent on your beast? come on mate, not everyone is perfect
    Indeed mate, not sure about an exposed loose positive but some shitty wiring for sure. I have spent months pulling junk out of the GQ and spent 6 hours yesterday trying to rewite the back tail light loom of the GQ. Got to make it better. Always. Got to make sure old mate doesnt burn his car down when we can fix it easily. Cant let that go. Easily fixed.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

rusty_nail (7th April 2019), Yeti's Beast (7th April 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Wow the Cargo Barrier is pretty kool mate. What glass did you use? Assume it is profiled right? Well done mate. Fair effort indeed.

Can you post a pic zoomed out a little so we can see it up and down and maybe half up?
    20190407_120047.jpg20190407_120052.jpg
    97 GU Ti 4.5 on lpg , uhf icom Pro400, Garmin GPS Maps, HD-Lukas Dash Cam with gps tracking. Snorkel , I-Max 12000lb Winch , Twin rear light bracket on wheel carrier for light & uhf antenna,Draws unit, Electric Cargo barrier, HID headlights kit, LED Light Bar, 2 inch lift with HD King springs and Monroe Gas Magnum TDT 4WD Shock Absorbers, BS Dueler 697 Lt 285/75R-16 .

9. The Following User Says Thank You to altech For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (7th April 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,451 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nice. Does it lock into something at the top to take the load shift in an accident? obviously dont just want it to fold forward. Does it vibrate with the doof doof going?
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Indeed mate, not sure about an exposed loose positive but some shitty wiring for sure. I have spent months pulling junk out of the GQ and spent 6 hours yesterday trying to rewite the back tail light loom of the GQ. Got to make it better. Always. Got to make sure old mate doesnt burn his car down when we can fix it easily. Cant let that go. Easily fixed.
    for sure mate =D
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice. Does it lock into something at the top to take the load shift in an accident? obviously dont just want it to fold forward. Does it vibrate with the doof doof going?
    Mud mate it's pretty solid, did I mention 10mm perplex , almost bullet proof .....lol I'm 57 and I like the Hip Hop stuff.... Keeping it real / Peace Out :-)

p.s. I do like to go to Bunning for those things you can't put in the back if there was a cage setup. I'm thinking alway out of the square .
    Last edited by altech; 7th April 2019 at 04:29 PM.
    97 GU Ti 4.5 on lpg , uhf icom Pro400, Garmin GPS Maps, HD-Lukas Dash Cam with gps tracking. Snorkel , I-Max 12000lb Winch , Twin rear light bracket on wheel carrier for light & uhf antenna,Draws unit, Electric Cargo barrier, HID headlights kit, LED Light Bar, 2 inch lift with HD King springs and Monroe Gas Magnum TDT 4WD Shock Absorbers, BS Dueler 697 Lt 285/75R-16 .

13. The Following User Says Thank You to altech For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (7th April 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys, ADO today , So I finished up the Solar Switch Board located just below the back of rear seat. when seat is folded down you can see the gauges for both battery's.

20190412_152402.jpg

20190412_152707.jpg
    Last edited by altech; 13th April 2019 at 08:47 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to altech For This Useful Post:

PeeBee (13th April 2019)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789