hi all.
    i have a 2008 gu wagon crd 190,000km

2" lift EFS coils and shocks
    5mm spacer on rear coils and 15mm spacers in the front
    adjustable drag link
    tough dog rtc dampener
    40psi in all tyres
    running 285/65r17 toyo open country AT 2's stock nissan alloy rims

its been pulling left so i got a wheel allignment and my caster is 0.0degrees

so i fitted 2 degree bushes and still pulls left id say its made no difference. i also did the bushes from radius arm to chassis

for now ive setup the rtc dampener to push the wheel straight, this works but i know this isnt the way to do things.

i repacked wheel bearings about 1000km ago and the left is nice right side is abit loose so ill tighten that up. see if it makes a difference.
    so ive been told to check the swivel hub bearings to see if they are notchy, but also was warned that if i pull them out with that many kays the bearings could be so badly worn that they fall apart.
    being such high kays im thinking go straight to swivel hub re-build as i already have a kit that was given to me.

also i think maybe another wheel alignment after i nip up that right wheel bearing.

can anybody add to this, is there something i haven't considered? something i should do or should be doing.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What about crappy road camber?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 3,291 Posts
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tyre pressure or maybe a stuck caliper

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Watch this space, as there maybe a comment added soon

Thanks
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 3,168 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have been advised by various mechanics and wheel aligners that all Aussie road vehicles should pull a little to the left so that they don't veer into oncoming traffic. Don't know if that is true, though.

How bad is the pull to the left? Has there been any scrubbing or uneven wear on the tyres?
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    What about crappy road camber?

Yeah some could be cause the roads but I’ve even tried it on some really nice new flat roads and still no good

Hey mudnut the only wear I have that is odd is outer edge of the two front tyres. Though is was because too much toe in. So the wheel aligner saysEFFD4A87-F730-4E39-B17E-7A38291E7B7F.jpeg

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avo View Post
    Tyre pressure or maybe a stuck caliper

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    I doubt tyre pressure I run 40psi in all 4, checked the other day.
    I like your idea of a stuck calliper, can you elebrate?
    My brakes feel good, no odd noises and jacked in the air I’ve tested the front wheels they spin nice . Could be a rear calliper? And I bled the brake fluid within the last 10,000km and that was sometime this year.
    A stuck calliper causing a left pull would have the be a left calliper right? Cause the right wheel would spin faster than the left and create a pivoting effect on the left wheel with the stuck calliper?

I tightened the right front wheel bearing that was a tad loose still drives the same.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,041 Times in 1,746 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireblade View Post
    hi all.
    i have a 2008 gu wagon crd 190,000km

2" lift EFS coils and shocks
    5mm spacer on rear coils and 15mm spacers in the front
    adjustable drag link
    tough dog rtc dampener
    40psi in all tyres
    running 285/65r17 toyo open country AT 2's stock nissan alloy rims

its been pulling left so i got a wheel allignment and my caster is 0.0degrees

so i fitted 2 degree bushes and still pulls left id say its made no difference. i also did the bushes from radius arm to chassis

The purpose of getting your castor back to spec (which you still haven't done btw) was make sure that the front end is in good enough condition to alleviate any basic maintenance/ setup issue. Castor is going to help with straight line stability. Not allignment

for now ive setup the rtc dampener to push the wheel straight, this works but i know this isnt the way to do things.

you've installed an adjustable draglink, but used an RTC damper to straighten the wheel? Why not use the draglink?

i repacked wheel bearings about 1000km ago and the left is nice right side is abit loose so ill tighten that up. see if it makes a difference.
    so ive been told to check the swivel hub bearings to see if they are notchy, but also was warned that if i pull them out with that many kays the bearings could be so badly worn that they fall apart.
    being such high kays im thinking go straight to swivel hub re-build as i already have a kit that was given to me.

also i think maybe another wheel alignment after i nip up that right wheel bearing.

can anybody add to this, is there something i haven't considered? something i should do or should be doing.
    Some responces in red.
    96 GQ coil/Cab
    08 G6eT

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So maybe I wasn’t clear, the drank link was fitted to correct the crooked steering wheel and that been successful.

But I’ve always had a issue of when I let go of the wheel the wheel springs anti clockwise and then pulls left.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mmmm back to the Wheel ... alignment. A good alignment is very hard to find !

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah a good wheel a lighter is what I want but gotta find one. Another guess could be thrust angle cause the pull? I wouldn’t know unless the wheel alignment can pickup on it