Thread: Auto Trans and towing

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auto Trans and towing

I Have done just on 80k now in 4 years with half of this towing. I changed the auto trans fluid at 40k and it showed discolouration but was not burnt. I did another change a couple of weeks ago and the colour was pretty good. After the first change I couldn't get over how much smoother the box operated. I am contemplating putting an extra cooler on before leaving in May to go to FNQ again. I use Penrite lubricants and they are equal to or exceed the specs required by Nissan. My advice is not to leave the auto service too long if you are towing a van. Hope this is of interest to those who tow with their Y62. Cheers .
    Ian Y62

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tartrekka For This Useful Post:

1nando (1st December 2018), Cradoka (30th November 2018), GQtdauto (1st December 2018), rockpool (24th August 2019), Touses (30th November 2018), wesdawindat73 (4th December 2020)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those who want to stick with Nissan genuine fluid, a 5 litre bottle from your dealer is part number KE90899933 and the cost is $178.30.
    If you plan to do more frequent fluid changes, the fluid is also available in a 20 litre drum, and the part number is KLE2700002, and costs $397.

To refill the transmission, you'll need something like this: https://www.amazon.com.au/vidaXL-Aut...dp/B083KQ3N2D/

And if you have a Scangauge, you can program the Xgauge to tell you the trans temperature for when you perform the fluid level check at the end.
    '09 Toyota Land Cruiser 200 Series GXL diesel
    '99 Land Rover Discovery II V8 auto

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tempestv8 For This Useful Post:

mudnut (14th December 2022)