Thread: sub Tank light

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sub Tank light

Hi my name is Col Fraser I have a 2000 patrol Ute. The sub tank light has come on and won’t go off. Have checked fuses etc, also the light in the manual dash switch has gone out. Can anyone give me a clue of what might be happening??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do a search on the site for info, but the first thing to try is disconnect your battery for 5 minutes and see what happens.
    Time Marches On .....and on ..... and on

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When the Computer faults out it turns on the sub tank warning light and disables the system so the light in teh switch won't come on either.

You can either disco the battery or pull the fuses as that is the only way to reset the fault circuit.

When you next start up if the fault is still present it will do the same thing again after it does the self test.
    If the fault is gone all will work as advertised.
    The fault circuit tests the Computer, Switch, Pump, Wiring and Sender Units.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had this problem recenty.
    I also got told to check the earth strap from the body to the chassis. If it doest have one put one in...

Mine was nothing to do with anything anyone has ever mentioned about the sub tank light.

I had ripped the cables under the passengers doors which caused it

Thanks
    Thanked 7,403 Times in 2,995 Posts
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine does that if I try to squeeze too much fuel into the main tank ... as in overfilling it. Disconnecting the battery after I've driven for a bit (& used some fuel from the main tank) fixes it.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. Will check it out

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)