Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Y62 roo bar recommendations

Morning all.

First time to this website as a poster.

Formally a Prado Kakadu owner which I was sad to see go until I heard the beautiful V8 roar of my new Patrol.

First time Nissan owner as well.

I now have to re equip my new 4x4 as it is basically a "virgin".

I was disappointed to learn that ECB do not make a roo bar for the Y62 having had an awesome one on the Kakadu.

I would be interested to know the recommendations from Y62 owners of the best roo bars to fit to these vehicles.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

From Perth WA.

Regards and thanks.

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Depends what style you want...

The 'traditional' triple hoop - there are a fair few, Kaymar, Opposite Lock, TJM, MCC (I will 99% be going Opposite Lock myself)

The front air dam replacement style - Dash offroad Predator would be my first choice
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I probably should have specified that I have the series 4 2018 Nissan Patrol Til.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like evil said , depends what you want , 3 hoops , 1 hoop , no hoops , do you want to fit extra stuff , lights , light bar , Winch

I believe some interfere with the front sensors , camera and the radar more than others .

I got a Rhino for my S4 Ti , no hoops , mainly because access to the Winch is very good , I can actually see the Winch and get my hand to the clutch lever easily , if the rope was to ever tangle, get jammed, it's also easy to get at , I can remove replace the Winch without removing the bar .

If you don't plan on fitting a Winch none of that matters .

Weight is also a consideration.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Patroltildavid congrats on the new rig.
    I'm sure you will begin to enjoy what it offers over the previous, I was initially taken aback with all the fancy bits coming from a 4.8l 2010 patrol but as time has passed I wouldn't go back.
    It may not be for you but we fitted a single loop Opp Lock bar, lifted 2", fit a 12k Carbon winch and an Ultravision Led lightbar. Pricey in some ways but as a tow rig and going off to unknown destinations it gives us peace of mind that it should be capable enough. A few weeks ago I was towing a 2.8T boat up a long 2klm hill and actually overtook sedans without too much fuss much to my surprise and those around.
    Enjoy and have some fun.
    Cheers BruceR

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patroltildavid View Post
    Thanks. I probably should have specified that I have the series 4 2018 Nissan Patrol Til.
    I have a 2018 S4 Ti... I am told the Radar on the TiL can be an issue with some of the Loop bars.
    The Ti and TiL cams can lose some of the close in low forward vision depending on the Bar and if the Cam is relocated or not.

Jackofjr raise goods points re winches and the 85 Kg weight parameter... you loose about 30 Kg or so with the bits what come off (intrusion bar etc) which gives you a bit of a head start but lighter is def better
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the comments. I am looking for the traditional three loop, heavy duty design and yes will be transferring my current Lightforce HDX 230 spotties and warn Zeon winch. TJM have since said that they will soon have one available that is completely compatible . Camera and normal sensors are no problem as these are just relocated to the front of the roo bar which I did with my Kakadu. Apparently it is the low mounted camera/sensor that controls the lane departure warning that is the biggest issue. It would be nice if someone who has successfully done this exact mod could contact me.
    I know when I made a similar mod to the Kakadu, lots of people were interested in how this was successfully done.

Regards

David

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a TJM Explorer/ single hoop. If I were after a triple hoop I think the Opposite Lock ones look the best personally, and are reasonably priced compared to TJM/ ARB.

Another fact will be if you want recovery points (main reason I went TJM). OnTrack in Melbourne manufacture points for some bars (check with them if they have one for it), Road Safe do them now for some bars, and the Rhino comes fitted with them as part of the kit. For me that was the main reason (plus winch cradle just in case and ability to hold UHF antenna, 2 x spotties, and fogs).