Thread: Fuelpump?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuelpump?

Hello. I can't understand why my Fuel pump isn't running on my Patrol y60 gr from 96 2.8TD. It's dosne't takes the fuel from the tank, up to the fitler and in the engnie. But if i fuel the Filter, up with Diesel. it's can suck it in to the enigne. But it dosn't keep sucking it to the enigne, from the tank :/ anyone had that problem?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A hole in your fuel line or air leak at your filter letting it not be able to vacuum. Can you fill the filter using the hand peimer pump on the filter?
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,674 Times in 2,651 Posts
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What condition is your filter? Do you have a crushed or kinked line ? The fuel lines are reasonably protected but you never know. Also check your fuel tank vent. It is located to the top of the fuel filler - you need to pull the plastic stone shield off. I found mine was blocked due to congealed diesel and dust over time - have since replaced the open end with a ryco in-line filter that gets changed every couple of years. I also had an issue with a hardened ball of diesel and dirt on a tight hose bend that choked off the line. This restriction was as hard a rock and took a lot of effort to remove, but once the full bore was restored, all good, and I was chasing a fuel starvation issue as well. If you have any in-line filters like the ryco style, check they are 5/16" not 1/4" as this will restrict flow. Failing that - think about 'whats changed' to get you to where you are today and over what period the change has occurred.