Thread: TB48 Starts, Doesnt Idle

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TB48 Starts, Doesnt Idle

Hey guys, in need of some urgent help. Was about to head out on some tracks and pulled in to let my tyres down. When I went to start up again, the patrol would start fine but died pretty much straight away. It seemed like it wasnt getting enough fuel. Tried a couple of more times and the same thing. It would idle at 1.5k if I put my foot flat to the floor but would conk out when there was nothing on the throttle. If I smashed the throttle repeatedly then I could get it to rev to 3.5k but then same again if I took my foot off, it would die. So I'm thinking my fuel pump is on the way out but can anyone confirm if they've had a similar issue? I've managed to get towed back to camp and jury rigged the sub tank pump into the main tank in the hope that would get me going but it has the same issue. Yes Im aware that the sub tnak pump isnt supposed to feed the main engine but it would get you home if you had nothing else. Struggling to figure out what it is. Is it possibly a faulty MAFor cam angle sensor? Running a 2002 TB48

BTW no fault codes on NDSII and no engine lights appear when Im starting/running only when it dies.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 5,350 Times in 3,168 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is it a simple thing such as a vacuum hose off somewhere?
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.