Thread: Abs

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Abs

As my 97 Pathfinder has ABS I assumed all the GU Patrols would also have ABS but someone told me today that only certain top of the range models have it.
    Can anyone tell me which models have ABS fitted?
    I am looking at 3.0 diesels and I believe the ST-L models have ABS, are there any others?
    Do you think ABS is a good or bad thing off road?
    Cheers
    Last edited by Orcrist; 10th November 2018 at 09:45 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you don't want ABS while off roading all you do is pull the fuse and put it back in when you finish
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    If you don't want ABS while off roading all you do is pull the fuse and put it back in when you finish
    Great idea!

Seems that very few GU Patrols have ABS, or maybe the later ones do?
    I am looking at around 2005 and earlier because of my budget.
    I really would like ABS for on road safety but having trouble telling if they have it.
    One dealer told me the vehicle does but according to online info for that model it probably doesn't.

I guess an easy way would be to look at one with known ABS and see if those components are on the other models.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    IIRC ABS is standard on all models after 2006... prior to that it was dependant on options/model.

You can't miss all the extra plumbing on the firewall for the ABS system (if equipped)

If you are going for a ZD30 Di then I would recommend series 3 or 4... or try for that bit extra cash and get a CRD (series 5 onwards)
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IIRC ABS is standard on all models after 2006... prior to that it was dependant on options/model.

You can't miss all the extra plumbing on the firewall for the ABS system (if equipped)

If you are going for a ZD30 Di then I would recommend series 3 or 4... or try for that bit extra cash and get a CRD (series 5 onwards)

Thanks for the info.
    Are the CRD models better performance / more reliable than the DI's
    I know the DI pumps etc are a lot more expensive for maintenance.
    The CRD is a bit more than I want to spend though, i'm looking at $11k to $12k

Thanks
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think everyone would agree the CRD is generally more reliable than the Di BUT they each have their own issues.

Totally understand the budget problem... if you go for a Di get the latest, lowest K one you can afford.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think everyone would agree the CRD is generally more reliable than the Di BUT they each have their own issues.

Totally understand the budget problem... if you go for a Di get the latest, lowest K one you can afford.
    Good advice. I was going to get a GUII with loads of gear and 350,000km but looking more towards a max of 2500k and less or no extras.
    Can always add the extras but you can't take off the km and I plan to keep it for 10 years at least.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Orcrist For This Useful Post:

the evil twin (12th November 2018)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2006 ST-S 3.0 Di built September 2006. The extra "S" means it cost a little more, but has the ABS and Alcantara seat upholstery. From the brochure, they are the only differences. Best I can tell that is the earliest ST-S
    I opted for the ABS just in case :-))
    Hope this helps.
    GU IV 2006; 3.0 DDi ST-S; Nissan Snorkel, Bull Bar and Tow Bar; Warn 8,000# Winch with Dyneema rope; Auber EGT, Boost and dual Battery gauges; Provent 200; Dual Batteries; Three Dogs recovery points; Rear Springs +20% load; Outback drawers and Cargo Barrier; UHF; [GPS, Radio, CD, Bluetooth, SD, USB] floor extension; Alloy roof rack
    "Smart people know what they don't know"