OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: Will Y61 GU 16" Stock Alloys fit 94 GQ?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will Y61 GU 16" Stock Alloys fit 94 GQ?

Hey fellow trollers,

I have a 94 GQ wagon and have had it up to my eye balls with steel rims rusting away. I do a lot of beach stuff and spend an inordinate amount of time washing the thing down which seems to have kept the body in pretty good shape but the steel 15x7" Sunraysia wheels don't hold up so well. So I've decided to get some second hand 16x8 alloys.

Will the stock 16x8 alloy rims as commonly found on the GU Y61 Partol, such as on the 2000 to 2004 Patrols, fit my 1994 GQ Patrol wagon? Do they have a slightly different offset?

Thanks anybody who cares to chime in.

Cheers

HappyPappy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HappyPappy For This Useful Post:

MB (26th October 2018)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 11,216 Times in 4,942 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G’day HP mate!
    Keen to learn here too myself as us rocky mountain salt free Victorian’s are very anti anything but steel rims for their smashing durability (Dynamic brand my choice).
    Just wondering whether or not running on a hot dry beach (alloys) then hourly splashing cold ocean water across them would cause the same expansion/contraction issues they are renowned for loosing wheel nuts mate?
    Alloy oxidation near C3+ environments I am aware of on some of our work products but maybe could be an issue too on our Patrol rims?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (26th October 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,451 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes they will bolt straight on mate. Offset will be +10 which is standard Nissan Offset. The later 17" rims also bolt straight on. All 6 stud Toyota rims also bolt straight on.

Info you need. PCD 6x139.7, centre bore 110
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.