Thread: 4x4 Indication on Dash Board not working

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4x4 Indication on Dash Board not working

Hi Guys

I had my 2006 TB42Ti Dash Board replaced under a recall a couple of years back due to the old melt down / wrinkle affect and did not notice for several months that when in 4x4 on the beach the green indication warning on the dash board was not working and when i notified the dealer where the work was carried out i was told that it was not a simple problem as the warning indication was part of a large circuit board and the whole board would need to be replaced at considerable expense and with finances as they were it was left as is, but when my wife and son used the car to go down the beach recently it has become an issue as it appears that somewhere between the beach and home (short trip luckily) four wheel drive was engaged and my wife did not know, apart from it was strange to drive going round bends.....ya reckon,
    Anyway has anyone had this problem before or know exactly what is involved to get it fixed (hopefully without a new expensive circuit board) and yes the 4x4 warning indication did work before the new dash board.

Any help greatly appreciated.
    2006 Y61 Nissan Patrol TD42Ti Modified Turbo & 3' Exhaust Compliments of United Fuel Injection Perth WA
    Great White Spotties and Bar Light, Ironman Barwork the rest is standard "What more do you need it's Already a Nissan Patrol"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 5,354 Times in 3,172 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Pg 119 of the TD 42 section of the manual does show the 4WD indicator is indeed part of the board, but check out the globe before diving in too deep. Pg 106 shows the globe can be replaced easily.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mudnut; 20th October 2018 at 02:01 PM.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mudnut For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (29th October 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that mate i was not sure if it was indeed globes or LED's whatever which means it should be easy to replace if i can get inside, BUT i have tried to get behind the dash to have a look and after dismantling the lower the dash and around the steering wheel cowling there is still no access and looks like removing the steering wheel might be the next step and the air bag which i will need more info about defusing, so i don't end up blowing my self up, unless you know a better way?
    Thanks for the info.
    2006 Y61 Nissan Patrol TD42Ti Modified Turbo & 3' Exhaust Compliments of United Fuel Injection Perth WA
    Great White Spotties and Bar Light, Ironman Barwork the rest is standard "What more do you need it's Already a Nissan Patrol"

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Mojo, I have taken dash out to convert my dash lights and you don't need to take sheering wheel off , just 2 of the wiring harnesses, i think there 3 . it was a while ago lol . regards Alex
    97 GU Ti 4.5 on lpg , uhf icom Pro400, Garmin GPS Maps, HD-Lukas Dash Cam with gps tracking. Snorkel , I-Max 12000lb Winch , Twin rear light bracket on wheel carrier for light & uhf antenna,Draws unit, Electric Cargo barrier, HID headlights kit, LED Light Bar, 2 inch lift with HD King springs and Monroe Gas Magnum TDT 4WD Shock Absorbers, BS Dueler 697 Lt 285/75R-16 .