Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My old but favorite toy

IMG_20180210_114740.jpg
    My toy is not modified that much.
    Front bumper died of rust so removed and fitted alloy bar on the front to hold the fishing rods.
    Rear bumper died when three cars behind me decided to use my wagon as their bump stop they didn't realize my crumple zone extends three vehicles behind me. Actually only the LH rubber over rider split on safari but good excuse to remove it the tow bar is effective bumper.
    Cooper tires (brilliant on road traction)
    It had BFG Mud Terrains that lasted 120,000km but got super hard and lost traction.
    Just replaced the old man emu nitro chargers (14 years old) with Repco nitro shocks.
    Underside & chassis was stripped and urethane coated
    Next mission is replacing the shredded factory leather front seats with something newer.

My toy is still at insurance company, it was stolen a 6-7 weeks ago.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to curious-fish For This Useful Post:

AB (18th October 2018)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Geez mate stolen, you're lucky you got it back but I suppose it was worse for wear the low mongrels , in the old days you could get the noose for horse stealing .

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there was not that much damage really both front door locks had been hammered through into the doors, steering column covers, steering lock & ignition switch smashed, cd player had something jammed in it.
    Worst part really was my occupational/reading glasses and prescription polarized driving glasses were in there, along with all the usual stuff one accumulates, anything of any use or value inside was taken or broken.
    Actually I don't have it back, still with Insurance company, one of their staff made a simple but disastrous mistake and hooked up jumpstart battery the wrong way.
    I put a post in autoelectrical forum