Thread: Camera Equipment Storage ideas

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Camera Equipment Storage ideas

Hi brains trust just wondering what people have done for camera equipment storage? I’m using a dslr with multiple lenses tripod etc and a drone in a hard case but it’s a bit of a pain to have to pull everything out when travelling. Just wondering if anyone has anything that they have come up with to streamline the storage and simplify access to everything.

Cheers
    Dave

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 294 Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty easy for me as I don`t usually have any passengers. All my camera gear lives in the Patrol. A Lowpro "Stealth Reporter" bag with all my DSLR & Video gear fits nicely in the passengers footwell. I can access most things from the drivers seat. Tripod & Monopod is behind drivers seat. Have a smaller Lowpro bag I can but a bit of gear in if going on foot.
    "Yet, upon the whole, the space I traversed is unlikely to become the haunt of civilized man....." - Charles Sturt

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be the dream unfortunately with a wife and 2 kids it is a slight challenge.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps a set of rear drawers and custom modify one side for all your gear, you could cut foam to shape, so everything has a spot ?

Depending on where you travel (dirt roads, beach etc) you may still need to have the stuff in a sealed case anyway.

I have a Pelican case for my gear, but yeh it can be big and annoying to get to as you describe, especially when you need to use the seats for people and all "their" stuff.

These days i tend to leave a heap of gear behind (at home), and squeeze essential gear into a small camera bag, a bag is not ideal for beach camping, but i often expose the camera to more harm when im out taking pics than when in transit anyway.

My Tripod lives in the car in the cargo area, as do some of my lights (for night/light painting)

Sorry not much help
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an old make up carry box that my girl friends mother had, that`s years old, probably from the sixties / seventies era, that I am using for a camera case. Previous to that, it was a Basmati rice bag, which fitted the camera, battery charger and I still use it, but I put that in to the make up box. One day, I might upgrade and until then, I`ll probably modify the box to help keep every thing separated.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have 3 bags and set them up for birds, landscapes and macro.
    Then choose as required. If you only have the one camera you can still up the equipment for each style in separate bags.
    Tripods and monopods are quick release types for easy switching.
    As I lay there looking up, taking in the spectacular view that was the night sky and the multitude of stars I asked myself, where did my tent go?