Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,653 Times in 591 Posts
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marketing Stuff and Sex

Guys, I've got a bit of a request... I need some sounding boards so to speak, for a proposed marketing blurb to try and get the word out about our Expedition Boxes and want to know what you all think. The verbage is a bit risque (if that is how you spell that word... meaning possibly sexist... and topped off with references to anatomy), but my marketing mate, who I went to college with, who has no special skills in anything really, and probably shouldn't be trusted with anything to do with my business, thinks it is a great idea. Actually, I lie, he is a professional marketer...

Anyway, there is a series of box features that we want to get highlighted to the general public in short word flogs. Below is an example - I would love to know if you think this going overboard or a bad idea.

Have you ever grown tired of having to undo all your ratchet straps or ropes, to stuff your gear inside a box strapped on your roof rack? You know, when you are tired from that long drive and trying not to get covered in the road dust that's all over everything?

Well, we at Open Sky Touring had the same problems and decided we just wanted something better. So, what did we do? We built our own!! Enter the Expedition Box! It has dedicated tie-down points on the corners, so you don’t have to undo anything other than the latches. These tie-down points will work with ratchet straps, ropes up to 12mm, bungie cords and even steel turn-buckles and make the job that much faster. Want to tie down your box and stick your gear in it? Well try a good Aussie Box - at just the right price!

or...
    Have you ever been frustrated by the struggle to clean out one of those heavy roto-moulded boxes after a trip? You know, the ones where the weeks of dirt and dust and crud gets caught beneath the lip of the box and you have to sponge it out to get it clean again?

Our Expedition Boxes are super smooth inside with a flat floor for easy stacking of your gear and cleaning out at the end of some hard use. We think it is the best thing since sliced bread and so do many others. Everyone loves a smooth box that is easy to clean!

etc. etc. There are so many Box puns it is hard to keep them even semi-clean!

Thoughts?
    Between Patrols ATM. Had a beaut GU with 6.5 Chev TD. Next is a GU ute with a 4.5 litre Cummins conversion and a camper on the back.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FNQGU For This Useful Post:

AB (10th October 2018)