OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: Recon or replace TB45 GU 2000 Auto?

Threaded View

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recon or replace TB45 GU 2000 Auto?

Hi guys

Have a tired 4.5 ltr that is on gas/petrol, I was planning to get the gas removed as our only fuel station for 160kms no longer sells gas. We live rural South West of WA. But before I do that ...

It has done just under 250000 kms, it is really tired and struggles towing and going up hills. I've owned it since 2009 when I got it at 92000 kms. It has been getting worse over the last 12 months to a point I need to do something with it. For the last 3 years it has primarily been used as a towing workhorse vehicle for a large 2 horse float. We have lots of hills and winding roads. on a steepish incline we often have to go back to 2nd (Auto) to get up the hill, even when not towing it is not a lot better. It guzzles fuel that I may need to hire a tanker to follow me.

Unfortunately I don't have the funds to just go out and get a newer vehicle, so I am looking at my options to recon or replace the tired 4.5.

I've read quite a few posts where the recommendation is to add a turbo to it to overcome the sluggishness

Anyone have an idea what this would cost to do? Is it worth doing? Am i better to use my existing motor or buy a already reconditioned motor?

I'm not interested in buying a motor from a wrecking Patrol as I don't know its history.

If anyone knows someone that can do this for me in the South West of WA (Bunbury to Albany region) let me know.

Cheers

All
    Last edited by gwmbox; 6th October 2018 at 07:15 PM.