Thread: Y60 Trol revival.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Y60 Trol revival.

Settle down, settle down, this will take a while
    I'm back after years of other Nissan projects and have at last started to revive my old Trol.
    it's been stood un-used for at least 3 years. Not only that but when I parked it up, I didn't wash it
    Here in jolly old UK the R word is killer.
    There will be some nasty pics to come, both of my ideas and the relentless metal eating consequences of not washing the crap off a UK truck.
    Any road up, ere it is on the lift at ground zero. By the way it started up with a good battery and two glow plug cycles

Crusty bits abound , including a rather nasty air cooled rear chassis leg

Started off with a gallon of WD40 and all my knuckles. 2 hours in and the WD40 is running low and I'm down a knuckle.
    Trim removal etc

Wing off and inner wing area not too bad and certainly fixable. Winch tray proving a bit more of a challenge but getting there.

Air box provided some nice dry kindling and some random stones.

N/S wing off and winch tray out.
    More rust exposing itself but again, fixable.

Don't worry, you won't see this engine bay in this state again.

Due to ht restrictions of our sloping floor and 4 post lift set up , decided to get the slam panel off to make engine removal easier. Drilled out the spot welds and boom engine access time.

God knows how much this thing weighs but it does have it's own gravitational pull. We also found the working limit of the engine hoist. Had to put my big friends on the high end of the hoist lol

Still couldn't quite get it high enough so cut the rad cross member off too. Suprise suprise it offered little resistance.
    It came out eventually and attracted the earth back up to meet it
    Splitting the box.

Look at the size of that hole, it's like the Mersey Tunnel

One old 4.2 safely stored in a tyre waiting for it's new owner.

I'm keeping the box though, so you'll hear me asking for top tips on servicing that beastie soon enough.

That's as far as I got for now but will be back on it soon . I have the angle grinders on standby.
    Y60 Patrol 4.2 d SWB in puke green
    2" body lift, 2" pedders suspension lift, 35" Simex muds on excel 16" alloys, needs a turbo :/

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to makeitfit For This Useful Post:

4bye4 (6th October 2018), Dads GQ (6th October 2018), mudnut (6th October 2018), PeeBee (6th October 2018), Trolatron (7th October 2018)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement