Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Hand Prime pump/possible air in fuel line question

2001 3L DDI

When driving I'm getting the "0707 Injection Pump injection timing control" code and the car loses power. If i turn the car off for a few seconds and turn it back on I then regain power and the engine light turns off. Pressing the manual prime pump, it feels soft and I can press it a few times before going hard again.

My questions:

1. Would the soft prime pump indicate air in the line?
    2. If so, would this mean the air is coming from before the filter/the filter itself e.g. does the pump have a diaghpram which prevents air coming back from further up the line?

I had this error the day before, thinking maybe bad fuel, put 60L and injector cleaner and the error didn't appear for 100km.Due to the prime pump being soft, I'm thinking maybe just coincidence or perhaps i have a small air leak but the main issue is bad fuel quality?

Regards,
    Shane

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Shane, the manual prime button seems always to be soft on Patrols I have owned. The 0707 code can be cause by a few different things. Not necessarily air getting in the fuel. My understanding is any air or vac leak that impacts the fuel ratios will bring up the code.
    I would probably check for leaks first. Recently I discovered that this is easily done by getting a mate over who is into vaping. Idle the engine and get him (or her) to blow vapor over it. You will very visibly be able to see if it is sucking air in anywhere. About the only good thing that comes from that habit.
    Cheers.
    The Godfather.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to the godfather For This Useful Post:

Daveyboyjunior (21st October 2018)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had one in the shop recently showing all different codes and i was thinking air in the lines, changed lines to clear ones (no air bubbles) still had the problem.
    Ended up pulling the injector lines off and checking the injectors weren't leaking, they were all good and it had me stumped. ended up checking how much diesel was flowing in the bypass hose and it was losing most of it there. Chucked a Manual Fuel Pressure Relief Valve ($100 part) in and it has been fine ever since.
    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Genuine-...57rD:rk:1:pf:0

6. The Following User Says Thank You to HigginsGQ For This Useful Post:

Daveyboyjunior (21st October 2018)