Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What size intercooler for my Td42

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What size intercooler for my Td42

How big of an intercooler do I need and can you go to big ? It is a Td42 with a Denco turbo I can not tell you what it is has a 2.5 inch exhaust which I want to upgrade eventually to a 3 inch

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 11,242 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    468 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d be a mechanical nuffy FP mate but from what i understand of diesels you could in theory never go too big either end?
    Coldest huge moist air into the old gal, coolest efficient huge tuned air out of the exhaust?
    Similar, USA Top fuelers (comp drag beasts) book time/meets on Western Australia’s Kwinana race complex-strip looking for that crisp Indian Ocean Record Breaking Doctor in season ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 565 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lot use nom 600x300x76mm, with underslug 9 or 10" spal fan, TMIC or FMIC
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job

Thanks
    Thanked 20,715 Times in 8,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You definitely don't want to too thick as it would loose its efficiency. I wouldn't go any thicker than say 90-100mm

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it possible to run a ZD30 intercooler? would it be better then no cooler at all or would it slow the airflow and make it worse

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how about one out the front ! . I have an out the front one on mine . There would be no way in hell I would ever have one on top of a hot engine again!
    the best thing I have ever done . !! easier to do an oil change . to boot ! I did some temperature checking under bonnet and it gets way to hot under there .

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tip12345 View Post
    how about one out the front ! . I have an out the front one on mine . There would be no way in hell I would ever have one on top of a hot engine again!
    the best thing I have ever done . !! easier to do an oil change . to boot ! I did some temperature checking under bonnet and it gets way to hot under there .
    i have thought about a front mount but i really dont have much room there with the ac condenser and i have a thermo fan it the front for the ac when its not moving.
    ive been thinking zd30 intercooler (because i have one) and strap a small thermo fan to the back of it

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by First Pooy View Post
    How big of an intercooler do I need and can you go to big ? It is a Td42 with a Denco turbo I can not tell you what it is has a 2.5 inch exhaust which I want to upgrade eventually to a 3 inch

Quote Originally Posted by HigginsGQ View Post
    i have thought about a front mount but i really dont have much room there with the ac condenser and i have a thermo fan it the front for the ac when its not moving.
    ive been thinking zd30 intercooler (because i have one) and strap a small thermo fan to the back of it
    front mount will fit but you'd trim the back side of the grill a fair bit.

id be doing that 3" exhaust before i did another thing mate. How much boost are you running? have you had it Dyno Tunes? if so what is the output? is it intercooled now?
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 20,715 Times in 8,559 Posts
    Mentioned
    579 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HigginsGQ View Post
    Yeah get rid of the thermo fan and the bonnet brace and there is a heap of room mate.

The thermo fan is only used to keep the ac cooler whilst stationary but even still mine works fine without it.

Slightly annoying trying to get your bonnet to latch on sometimes but it's worth it lol

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    front mount will fit but you'd trim the back side of the grill a fair bit.

id be doing that 3" exhaust before i did another thing mate. How much boost are you running? have you had it Dyno Tunes? if so what is the output? is it intercooled now?
    its got a 2 3/4inch beau desert exhaust running off a 3 inch dump that is in good nick so im not changing it untill it rusts out. im about 800km from my nearest dyno so im not going to have a chance to look at that untill i get the 11mm or 12mm pump.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast