User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buying GU Patrol, maybe.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not much good with computers but next time the son in law is around I'll get him to show me how.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1peter View Post
    I'm not much good with computers but next time the son in law is around I'll get him to show me how.
    sounds like you picked up a good un mate, fantastic stuff...................................... did anyone happe to mention about throwing up some pics??????? hahahahahahahahaha

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I meant to take some pics of our 1st venture out and i wish i would have. We (the wife and i) headed into the glasshouse mountains and got in all sorts of trouble lol. We went down a track that we could not turn around in and found a lot of deep water and red mud which ended up causing us to slide a car width or more to our left and nearly hit a tree. After making it through i thought i probably should have let the tyres down. Lesson 1 - Don't go unprepaired (no shovel, Compressor, mobile phone, never had one, etc, etc) and with absolutely no knowledge, by yourself and, don't drive through really deep mup with inapropriate tyres.. Then, we continued on and found a very steep rise of about 200 metres with lots of deep ruts close to trees and large bumps so, i decided to walk up and have a look. All was not well but i didn't like our chances of getting back through the mud so we had a crack, we lost vision a fair bit going over some of the steep sharp rises and came really close to letting the rear end slide into a very deep hole. Lesson 2 - Take your camera, this is good fun. Onward, we came to a point where we could finally turn around and could not go forward anymore anyway because the bush thickened too much so, back we went. Back to the really deep mud which i did not want to take a 2nd chance on so, we pulled some branches off some trees so we wouldn't scratch the truck and drove through metre high grass between numerous rocks and trees all the time just clearing the body of the Patrol (after tucking the mirrors in) and drove around the swamp. Lesson 3 - I love the Patrol and should have taken this up years ago.

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,137 Times in 1,001 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lesson 4 - Never travel solo, always go with at least one other car. If you do get stuck you have someone to help get you out.

It's good to hear you had so much fun, but honestly there are so many forum members in South East Qld that it shouldn't be hard to find someone willing to go wheeling with you. Check in to the forum regularly as we run regular trips in SEQ and you are more than welcome on any of the trips even in a standard vehicle. You can learn a lot about what you and your car can do by getting out with experienced drivers. We don't mind helping newbies.

Joining a 4WD club is something I also recommend, they run regular driver training programs for new members. There are a few of us on here who are members of the Qld Nissan Patrol Club.

Tony
    Last edited by YNOT; 29th May 2011 at 07:29 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate thats great to hear, Tonys Lesson 4 is one well learnt as you allready worked out.

We've all probably got similar stories to tell

Even check out some local 4x4 clubs, they will be more than willing to get you out and about safely.

Most if not all offer training a part of their membership.

Anyway you are having fun, awsome.

Macca

Tony edited while I was typing, so you got join the club twice

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joining a club is something we were considering anyway so we will have a look around.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,607 Times in 1,472 Posts
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1peter View Post
    Joining a club is something we were considering anyway so we will have a look around.
    Hi Peter, I just want to say, after spending the w/end with QLD branch of this forum, you should try to get out with them as well. They really are great at 'babying' us average drivers.
    KATROL- The 2nd
    GU TD42TGi
    Not as pretty, but a whole lot tougher
    Silent member 1208
    Yes Michael, I bought a JEE.....60.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,508 Times in 702 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We joined a club and they have driver training. The best thing ever. Go for it!
    GU Patrol: 3LTD :- The cheapest option is to buy the right thing the first time! - YEP WORKS FOR ME!!
    Front and Rear "LOCKED" WOO HOO !! squeal, scream, squeal toot toot !! hahahaha

NISSAN PATROL.com.au .......stickers........done by Snicko.......I know you want one....
    http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...screen-Sticker

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AB,
    just a query what about a sticky or a thread that we could go to that list those who have capable 4wd and recovery equipment to call on at nearest location of 'trouble'?
    guys/gals that we could call on and that have said 'yep call me if you need help as I've got the gear (and training if need be) to hopefully to get you out!'
    GQ TI 95
    - TB42EFI > LPG 90L, Ironman Snorkel, Ironman Awning, Rhino Roof Bars/Racks, 33"ATZ 4Ribs. Jensen DVD headunit, EFS Steering Damper, Castor Correction, Elinz DVD Headrests, Led lighting, Factory Diff Lock, 2" H/Duty Dobinson Coils and Ultima Shocks, GME 3220 UHF, Supercharge A/Round Main, CTEK DCDC to Aux Battery

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123