Thread: Ultra Gauge MX

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeehah... !!!

Tranny Temp and Engine Oil Temp and alarms are working... but (there is always a but)

I can't put them on the front page so they have a page all their own which I am calling my "Temps Page".

On my 'Front' page I am running;
    KPH (corrected and large font)
    Volts (large font)
    Fuel used
    Fuel Pressure
    Cat temps L&R

On my 'Temps' page I am running;
    ATF temp (and alarm)
    Intake Air Temp
    Oil Temp (and alarm)
    Coolant Temp (and alarm)

I have the auto scroll enabled and front page displays for 15 seconds and temp page for 5 seconds so it is all there and I don't have to push any buttons
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 565 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the evil twin View Post
    My front page will probably be 4 gauges - Speed, ECU Volts, Engine Oil Temp and Tranny Temp when I get them going...
    MX version is one up on my EM Plus one. Mine does not do the Engine Oil Temp and Tranny Temp and a few other. From memory can do 44 readings depends on gauge and veh type.

Agree Ultraguage, has a great display, run 5 screens and easy to scroll thru. Screen attributes I refer most: ECT, kW1 / N-m (must have eng load next screen placement to torque), Boost(max read 22.35psi) don't know why limited yet, average km/100ltrs. All functions great and use extensively. Run VDO boost, egt & oil pressure. Able to compare boost from hot to cold side of cooler(interests me).

Where did U buy from?
    2008 GU WAG ST Manual CRD - To do the job

Thanks
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bought mine from the States $150 ish (was here in 4 days).

I need the MX to see my Tranny and Engine temps and when you add in Coolant temp etc etc any/all are capable of hi/lo alarms it means no extra gauges or engine watchdogs are required.

I reckon that makes it an absolute must have for my Y62 or 99% of any other OBDII vehicle

Page 3 I am experimenting but will prob be KW, Torque, L & R Bank, MAF etc
    Last edited by the evil twin; 28th September 2018 at 10:51 AM.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bought mine from the States $150 ish (was here in 4 days).

I need the MX to see my Tranny and Engine temps and when you add in Coolant temp etc etc any/all are capable of hi/lo alarms it means no extra gauges or engine watchdogs are required.

I reckon that makes it an absolute must have for my Y62 or 99% of any other OBDII vehicle

Page 3 I am experimenting but will prob be KW, Torque, L & R Bank, MAF etc
    Bought mine EM Plus from manufacturer (US) $149AUD posted. Could not go wrong X2 cost here.

Note U auto scroll, me push button (lock in) and prevents me from watching the movie.

Yep very good tool, might have another look at MX. Mine manual CRD.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I plan on auto scrolling only when 4X or towing otherwise happy with the front screen when tooling around town or cruising.

I don't know any of the program codes for the Y61's but might be some out there.
    I had a Scangauge on my CRD and was very happy indeed, only added an EGT and that did the job for me.

The Y62 has a pretty basic but useful Trip Computer that does nearly all that I need
    I have the Y62 set for Inst fuel & Avg fuel (it shows both at once) so I think I'll only log Litres Used on the U.G. at the moment as far as trip parameters.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I plan on auto scrolling only when 4X or towing otherwise happy with the front screen when tooling around town or cruising.

I don't know any of the program codes for the Y61's but might be some out there.
    I had a Scangauge on my CRD and was very happy indeed, only added an EGT and that did the job for me.

The Y62 has a pretty basic but useful Trip Computer that does nearly all that I need
    I have the Y62 set for Inst fuel & Avg fuel (it shows both at once) so I think I'll only log Litres Used on the U.G. at the moment as far as trip parameters.
    U.G with its goodness was an upgrade from scangauge for me (CRD). Wanted to observe kW / N-m output while doing adjustment to actuator rod length to optimize performance running Procharge stage 3 h/f turbo @ max boost 24-25 psi.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Finally settled on this... top to bottom...Tranny temp, Coolant Temp, eng Oil temp, Intake air temp.

I'll just need to tidy the names and font, TRAN, COOL, OIL & INTK will be the go methinks

Ultra.JPG

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The MX gauge can access a few extra parameters than my EM Plus. The intake temp would be good. Had an extra port put in both the hot and cold tanks of JT cooler so to install temp probes to monitor temps across core.

The display is looking good.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah... I had no choice but either Scangauge or MX if I wanted oil temp and tranny temp.
    I've had a couple of Scangauges but IMHO the Ultragauge display is much better for what I want for this vehicle.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

Bidja (7th October 2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    someone has done the work to set gauges ill post them over
    07 crd,,bridgestone 697lt, 2.75 buedesert ex, SOLD theres a lot of my blood, sweat and money in that troll.

92 gq ti tb42efi my brothers gq extractors dual batteries brake controller uhf alloy bullbar SOLD with a heavy heart but gone to a nice young fella

13 y62 the beast that burbles

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast