Thread: Problems with Remote Central Locking

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problems with Remote Central Locking

I replaced the head unit on my 2010 ST Patrol today for a Pioneer unit. Used Aerpro harnesses and every thing went well and I now have reverse camera capability too!!

But, once I finished I couldn't get the remote to lock the car. The central locking works OK via the driver's door but the remote won't work. I thought it might have been a massive coincidence that the battery in the remote shat itself at the exact same time that I was mucking around with the electrics and so I tried my wife's key and it doesn't work either!! I'm assuming that I have managed to either dislodge a wire or short something out while I was replacing the head unit. I will have another look tomorrow but I thought that somebody might be able to point me in the right direction in regards to the location of the circuit for the remote receiver.

Thanks,

Gags

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G'day,

Chances are that you have bumped some connector or tripped a fuse for remote control unit or as everyone else finds out that rear barn door is not closed preperly. Just check if unlock command works (indicators will flash).

Regards

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unlock definitely not working either - I will see if I can work out which fuse it is and check that tomorrow first thing. Hopefully I haven't managed to somehow dislodge a wire from the receiver for the remote!!

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe try to reprogram the crentral locking it’s easy just google it

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys - I went and had another look and it was the rear door as Rumcajs suggested!! The unlock command was definitely not flashing the indicators though and looking at the online manual it appears that it should as the logic for unlock doesn't rely on the doors being closed - not too worried though as everything seems OK now!!

I will try to remember to take a few photos of the install of the new head unit tomorrow - turned out OK and I'm pretty happy with it!!