Thread: Chassis

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chassis

So while my patrol is getting her tune done, my next step was wondering what’s the best ways to clean and coat both inside and out of chassis is it best to take it somewhere or easy to do solo ? My patrol had tiny bits of surface rust on chassis showing up best approach to make it look mint?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi mate. Did u get any solutions.
    ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifty3@hotmail.com View Post
    So while my patrol is getting her tune done, my next step was wondering what’s the best ways to clean and coat both inside and out of chassis is it best to take it somewhere or easy to do solo ? My patrol had tiny bits of surface rust on chassis showing up best approach to make it look mint?
    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All depends on how far you want to go with it.

For a quick neat solution I would just simply clean it as best as possible, wipe it down with some red scotchy that is wet with Prepsol (wax and grease remover), then prepsol it again with a clean rag, wipe the prepsol off with another clean rag and then paint it with some for of single pack chassis black.

For a more advanced approach you would do the same, however you'd hit it with some primer first (whether that be epoxy or just a bit of etch) and then paint it with a long lasting 2 pack paint, at work I am a bit of a fan of using the Protec/PPG 604 urethane enamel or Protec/PPG 625 polyurethane line of paints. The Jet black in the 625 line is the gloss finish, and the Electrosatin black is the satin finish. It's a very hard wearing and solvent resistant paint - and it's reasonable cheap too.

I bought 4ltrs of 604 to paint my own chassis with over the next coming weeks, and the paint was $150 for 4ltrs and I think the hardener was about $50?

As for the inside of the chassis, there's not a lot you can do. Pull the rubber bungs out of the chassis and pressure wash as much of the crap out that you can and liberally coat the inside with fish oil - make sure you do this after the paint on the outside has fully cured though!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to neet_wagon For This Useful Post:

Dads GQ (15th October 2018)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have my answer now, lucky she’s only starting to get some surface rust this sounds like the way to go 👌 thanks heaps for the post hopefully my wagon turns out even better then your forum name 😂 ty

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Drifty3@hotmail.com For This Useful Post:

Dads GQ (15th October 2018)