OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: Australia... Have we really come to this? (Number plates reported to vic roads)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Australia... Have we really come to this? (Number plates reported to vic roads)

So lately i have been on a mission to remove any number plate pics of my vehicle off all my social media profiles as i received a letter in the mail from vic roads stating that my vehicle was illegally modified and required to be brought into 60 denmark st kew (vic roads head office) for the head engineer to inspect the vehicle over the pits.

When i received this letter i was gobsmacked as ive never seen anything like it. Immediately i rang up vic roads to seek further information in regards to the letter but the refused to tell me how and where they seen my vehicle as i know it had been off the road for some time getting its engine conversion and engineering completed.

After numerous back and forth conversations with them i then had the previellage of getting in touch with a friend of mine who is a solicitor and he told me that if they vehicle was reported by a member of vic roads, and or the police i am legally aloud to view the documentation, this is where things got interesting.

The person from vic roads then realising i had them in a possition where i was legally aloud to obtain further information then stated that the vehicle was reported to them by a member of the public and that photis were handed to them via email off my social media websites.

You read correctly.

Somebody out there thought it would be a great idea to compile a group of photos of my vehicle and hand them in to vic roads along with my numver plate stating that my vehicle is illegally modofied and too dangerous to be on the road.

For starters, i understand that they. Are doing there job so no real issue with vic roads chasing it all up, tbh they have actually been a pleasure to deal with thus far but the point im trying to make is are we for real here ladies and gents?

Do we really live in a world today where people hate on you so much or a jelous of what youve done that they decide to take time out of their day just to serve you an virtual 12" inch cucumber up your sphincter?

I personally dont concider myself to have any enemies, and my biggest fsult is probably using social media and forums to document my build threads just so i can have something to look back on as a sense of personal achievement when i have a second to spare.

The point i am trying to make is this. I have now gone and deleted my facebook, and removed all number plate pics of my vehicle on line, i am also in the process of changing my number plates so that anybody who may have the old one cant just go reporting it again for shits n gigs.

When i post from now on i black out my plate and if i am involved in video segments through a few different youtube channels we document vids with i am now the bloke that will. Be covering my number plate for the vid as i dont want to go through this all again.

The problem is the vehicle has been sitting with my engineer and was in the process of getting engineering so i knew it wasnt seen on the road. I have had to explain to vic roads that the second they are done with it i will bring it down...

Not really a problem for me as i have gone agead and done the build legally and with an engineer but it is still an inconvenience.

So if any of you have vehicles that are illegally modified (its hard to have a capable rig and be legal completely) just keep an eye out on the oages you frequent as there are always people lurking and looking to make someone elses day worse.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Baby Daddy For This Useful Post:

AB (16th September 2018), Yeti's Beast (29th September 2018)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,260 Times in 6,426 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sounds like someone had nothing better to do when reporting you. However changing your number plate will be fruitless. VR can still find you going by an old number plate, they keep records of everything.
    While its annoying what has happened, I would be too concerned. Your ride is being engineered so everything will go smooth. Unless the engineer you are using is not VASS approved then you will have some concern.
    Last edited by mudski; 16th September 2018 at 04:35 PM.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Big brother is watching.
    2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they may have been telling porkies about the source , all govt agencies use social media accounts such as faceache etc to catch people for a variety of things .
    I know of three govt agencies that spend time looking for stuff on faceache and I'll bet they all do it .
    Thankfully I've never posted much in Facebook and only use it to get access to other groups .