Thread: Nissan Dash / Unsatisfactory quality

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nissan Dash / Unsatisfactory quality

Hi guys/gals, I know a lot of people have had issues with the old BUBBLED DASH, some have been lucky enough to get the replacement done, and some have battled Nissan with little or no success. Came across this today and thought it might be worth a crack. A petition for unsatisfied customers to sign to be sent to Nissan Aust to try and get something done about the unsightly devaluing blistering dash's Nissan have fitted. Worth a crack! Have a look
    Cheers
    https://www.change.org/p/nissan-aust...share_petition
    "Tonka Tuff" 08-GU6, 3.0lt crd, 5 Speed, Turbo Diesel, Hpd, Arb, Ome, MT Baja Atz.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wildgu6 For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (1st January 2017), mudski (1st January 2017), Patrol-Guy (2nd January 2017)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cant understand how they can get away with it without a total recall on all of them, from day one. It IS a safety issue. Some of the cracked dashes I've seen could possibly take an eye out or cause permanent blindness, especially to the passenger, if the air bag deployed. Did they get away with it in the states, the land of law suites?
    2014 Titanium Y61 with all the fruit ................

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,113 Times in 3,144 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry I thought they did recall it ? Vehicles up to 6 years of age from memory.
    2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Thanked 13,532 Times in 6,613 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    No never did a recall. They released it as a "Service Campaign" and never released a Press Release or any other Advertising on the matter. It spread on forums and Facebook and many Dealers actually found out about it by customers going in and asking about it.

When I went into Werribee Nissan the Service guy actually Laugh in my face! I couldn't believe it! He ate humble pie the following week though.....
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Hodge (2nd January 2017)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    No never did a recall. They released it as a "Service Campaign" and never released a Press Release or any other Advertising on the matter. It spread on forums and Facebook and many Dealers actually found out about it by customers going in and asking about it.

When I went into Werribee Nissan the Service guy actually Laugh in my face! I couldn't believe it! He ate humble pie the following week though.....
    I see. Mine is absolutely atrocious. Yours being the same car, I imagine would be just as bad. But it is hidden underneath the dash carpet cover so it's not a big deal. There were stories of people, getting it done with nissan covering the labour, while they pull it apart during the airbag recall... I was gonna attempt that. (Which i am yet to do).
    2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I see. Mine is absolutely atrocious. Yours being the same car, I imagine would be just as bad. But it is hidden underneath the dash carpet cover so it's not a big deal. There were stories of people, getting it done with nissan covering the labour, while they pull it apart during the airbag recall... I was gonna attempt that. (Which i am yet to do).

I was "lucky" I only had a couple of dimples but had it replaced it time. I have seen a few of the bad ones and can't believe Nissan is not owning it. I have never seen another car ever do it. Clearly a fault. If you have a really bad one maybe A Current Affair would like to see a bad one...... Clearly Nissan Acknowledges the problem and fixed a few, if
    You were not using Nissan Service Department for your servicing you missed out though! Disgrace!
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Hodge (4th January 2017)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    I was "lucky" I only had a couple of dimples but had it replaced it time. I have seen a few of the bad ones and can't believe Nissan is not owning it. I have never seen another car ever do it. Clearly a fault. If you have a really bad one maybe A Current Affair would like to see a bad one...... Clearly Nissan Acknowledges the problem and fixed a few, if
    You were not using Nissan Service Department for your servicing you missed out though! Disgrace!

This is how bad mine is ... Driver's side is the worst. Original owner from Adelaide had a go at getting it replaced back in 2008. Got refused as car was out of warranty. I have all the documents since day 1 of vehicles life including the receipt where it says "Inspect unsatisfactory dash".

2005 TD42TI

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No there was no recall because they said it was not a safety issue.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillD View Post
    No there was no recall because they said it was not a safety issue.
    Nissan managed this problem under the guise of a Service Campaign. If you did not use the Dealer Network for your servicing you did not stand a chance.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I would have thought a petition for the front seat belts as a safety issue would be more important
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast