Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shermie the 2010 Patrol ZD30 CRD turbo diesel

Hello All.

Long time Nissan fan (had Pathfinders previously) and now the proud owner of a Patrol.

First few things i did when i got this little beauty which had only 42000 on the odometer (and no, it isnt a mines car) was to replace the ATs with the new Maxxis RAZRs muddies, right after i removed all four rear seats.

I remove the rear seats so as to create a flat platform in the back, handy for transporting things and also for me to sleep in the car when i go bush.

Unlike the pathfinder which creates a nice flat platform without rear seats, I had to make a platform to compensate for the uneven base. a quick makeshift one was made with space under for tools, handwinch etc etc and i'll build a nicer one with proper wings and drawers in the next few months.

with the help of a very good friend we changed all the oils engine, diffs, transfer, transmission, as well as fuel, oil and air filters (got genuine parts from Patrolapart). We also cleaned the MAF.

We also added a secondary fuel filter from DieselCare (2 microns) as well as a Provent catch can.

The Dieselcare filter fitted perfectly and they answered a quick question we had WHILE we were fitting it! Awesome service that.

I just installed an additional driver side roof handle (commandeered from the old Pathie's passenger side)- you can never have too many roof nadles LOL.

Ill be continuing to do work on it and will add photos as i go.

cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Spearo For This Useful Post:

MB (8th September 2018)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks good mate, whats next for you on the mods list?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Fireblade
    (I used to have a 929 btw best bike ever! ...sold it to a friend during hard financial times)
    next on the list are a few different things.

i will need to get a roof rack at the very least to get the kayak on... it bugs me that I had just just gotten a rhino rack and Rhino kayak supports but cant transfer to the Patrol

otherwise
    i need to consider a 2" lift

i always carry a hand winch but also have a Runva winch that sits on a cradle . I had fitted the pathfinder with a tow hitch at front so if needed i could connect the winch to front or back with the cradle. may do the same or get it fitted on the front i cant really afford to replace the factory roo bar so they'll need to weld brackets etc.

im hesitating because i dont like carrying the extra weight needlessly but i may end up going that way.

so roof rack, 2" lift, wich solution, proper drawer/platform setup for the back, transfer LEDs and power brakes from the Pathie to the Patrol....all takes time and $...

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes time and $$$ can’t do much with out using at least one of them... draws are weighty I don’t see the point in them personally I just use plastic buckets,
    Sell the winch you won’t need it, patrols don’t get bogged haha
    I have a full alloy roof cage I got from killa customs in Brisbane they aren’t just one of it’s something the make in bulk
    They have shops all over Australia if your in aus check em out they are cheap and I’ve had it for over 2 years no issues and I’ve had it loaded up.
    I have 2” lift efs brand can’t complain about it but I don’t have much experience when it comes to other brands.

I have an old 918cc fireblade 1998 oldie but a goodie.. sometime carburettor annoys me and wish I had injected.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4FF6A733-E901-4694-9AC8-F1AF4F00BA0A.jpeg

This is the only photo I have to show the cage

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)