Thread: GU mechanical help

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GU mechanical help

Hi All, in desperate need of some help from someone who knows what they are doing with an 09 CRD ZD30. We are stuck in Longreach QLD 3 days into an 8 week trip with a car that is overboosting with high EGT and making no power down low. The only fault found so far is a MAP sensor that is shot. Have had the car today at a local mechanic today getting a Dawes fitted and already have aftermarket 3 inch exhaust and VM motorsport intercooler. Any thoughts or recommendations for a mechanic would be appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,264 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have never heard of the MAP sensor failing. Not saying it wouldn't happen but I have never heard of it. The MAF sensor however, is a different story. If your overboosting and have no down low power I would be taking a real close look at the vacuum supply line, from the LHF of motor to the vacuum control solenoid located on the air box, then the vac line to the turbo. If there is no vacuum due to a leaking hose, its quite possible the turbo will just overboost the entire time. But if the MAF if farked, it may do this also. Remove the MAF and use some sensor spray, or electronic parts cleaner and give it a good clean. Also check the wire mesh bit in the lid of the air box to make sure its not clagged up.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MAP came up as faulty on Scantools. At idle my scanguage is showing 14.2. Was hitting close to 30 before the Dawes was fitted today and still hit 25 after but that is the scanguage reading not a proper boot huge.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God I hate auto correct..... boost gauge.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,264 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AJD3671 View Post
    MAP came up as faulty on Scantools. At idle my scanguage is showing 14.2. Was hitting close to 30 before the Dawes was fitted today and still hit 25 after but that is the scanguage reading not a proper boot huge.
    Sorry, whats showing 14.2? If the Dawes is fitted and adjusted properly theres no way it can over boost. Have you, can you connect a mechanical boost gauge up? Where does the scan gauge pick up the boost reading from?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Once again you really need gauges on these CRD and Di's for that matter.
    You need to know whats happening under the bonnet, if Dawes is adjusted correctely
    your boost should be between say 10psi and 15psi. you could check your vacuum
    lines or even change them [very cheap ] , Get @mudski to send you a diagram on how to properly
    hook up the Dawes and set the boost you'll also need a needle valve to fine tune your boost.
    Then maybe block your EGR
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there