Thread: Sign and Symptoms

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sign and Symptoms

It must be the Ambulance officer coming out in me but we use signs and symptoms to work out what the problem is. NOT so with the ZD30 it seems. I have been treating the symptoms not curing the disease.:mad
    Sign of a small hole in a piston = motor runs, blows black smoke and has nil power - old school just keeps going missing on one, even with a leg out of bed.
    Sign of a dirty or u.s. MAF = loss of power, torque and boost through the whole rev range. I have THREE good MAF's and one that is stuffed so it isn't that.
    Sign of a stuffed throttle position sensor = you put your foot down and nothing happens YOU just IDLE INTO THE PATH OF THAT oncoming ROADTRAIN if you are lucky you get some on the next try.
    I have all the signs of a stuffed MAF - loss of power and Torque but not all of the symptoms - still have boost but maybe because I have been playing with the Dawes and needle valve. Put the stuffed MAF back in and problems are worse.
    Looking towards injectors as I've heard a of few that have the head off, say the injectors were a problem afterwards but before that outlay I would like to know if anything else will produce the same symptoms.
    On my 2001 ZD30 Di Auto, NADS fitted, catch can, Spool up is ok, Boost to 16lb, occasional limp at full throttle when cold from boost, no smoke, no leak in IC, New air and fuel filters, MAP replaced, replaced throttle position sensor and reciever and no codes on system.
    Does anyone know the symptoms of the following so I can cross them off the list before going for the dearer items.
    What happens if the Crank Position Sensor is buggered?
    What happens if glow plugs are u,s. I would think she wouldn't start especially cold or miss for a bit?
    What happens when injectors are stuffed and why all at the same time - old school you get one injector out = rough running - missing and smoke?
    What happens if the injector pump is at fault?
    I would assume (and we know what that means) the above would throw codes?

Any help appreciated, finances limited.

I said 35 years ago "The day they let computers run engines we're in trouble!"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement