Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Front End Chassis Repairs Y61 Patrol

Hi All

New to the forum but I need a bit of help/paperwork.
    So my patrol got in an accident a while ago, front end damage. Long story short it ended up being a statutory write off. After months of paperwork I managed to get approval to repair from the RMS (NSW).

Now the patrol is repaired and we are arguing over more paperwork before it can be re-registered.
    The RMS believes the chassis repairs need to be engineered by a Vccs engineer before it can be approved by them. But the engineers I've spoken too say it does not need to be engineere. The section repair is the sacrificial crumple zone part at the front of the patrol. These parts are readily available from Nissan.
    From speaking to other repairers there is a document that Nissan sent out to Nissan dealers/certified Nissan repairers that shows how to repair/replace the front section of the chassis. Nissan won't send anything tome as I'm not a certified repairer/dealer.

Does anyone have this document or know where I could find it?
    Or has anyone had similar issues trying to repair front end damage?

Thanks

IMG_2388.JPG

IMG_2387.JPG

IMG_3064.JPG

IMG_3063.JPG

IMG_2276.JPG

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm guessing nobody else has attempted to repair a statutory write off and run into this problem or a similar problem?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LewisGU For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (28th August 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,491 Times in 6,596 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    See if you can chat with your local Panel Beater and see if yo can give him a box of beer for a copy . of the letter maybe??
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.