Threaded View

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TJM T3 Explorer Bar

Thought I'd post a pic or two with the TJM T3 bar finally finished. As it happens I ended up doing the work myself, although seeing as the whole thing comes off in 3 weeks (the original installer put some bolts in the wrong way. Not a huge issue, but for the fact it's ADR complied with them the other way, it's against manufacturer spec, and TJM won't warranty it as it is should something go wrong) I thought I'd give it a crack and any imperfections can be fixed then.

If it came back from the original installer like this, I'd be stoked. But there's another thing with this bar - there's a tech service bulletin out for it that clearly indicates that there are two brackets on the Y62 that, unless pushed back, you will get the creaking/ groaning etc that I was complaining about before (I've added the photo here). So after another 3 hours of my life (including most knuckles, two busted elbows, a new socket kit and a decently long pole of solid iron) I pushed them back in situ. That stopped the creaking/ groaning. They're going to put paint on them when it gets taken off. The padding (the 6 year olds giraffe blanket) lost an eye and there was metal-on-metal in the bending of the brackets.

So would I get it again? Yep, absolutely. I think it looks great, and the lights that I wanted I don't think would look quite right on a Rhino bar. But I would make sure the installers had all the information on them in the first place, and tell them to install it by the book (why I would need to tell this to anyone defeats me).

Anyway - pic's if you like them. Finally got to take it up to the Brindabella's today with the kids. They loved it too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CamJam For This Useful Post:

AB (19th August 2018), Clunk (19th August 2018), GQtdauto (7th September 2018), Rossco (19th August 2018), rusty_nail (20th August 2018)