Thread: Rear bar suitability

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rear bar suitability

Hi all it’s probably here somewhere but after much searches ng they all started looking the same. Just curious weather anyone knows weather the rear bar off a series1 will fit onto a series4. I have one I can get but don’t want to take my standard plastic crap off do a 1/4 chop to find it doesn’t fit. Also do you know weather the 08 series4 has any air bag sensors in the rear 1/4 that will be an issue when the chop is being done. Thanks legends.
    Remember laughter is the best medicine. If you don't laugh you die.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,298 Times in 6,438 Posts
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I doubt the early bar will fit without any mods done to make it fit. I dont believe the Patrols had rear sensors too. Happy to be corrected on that...

Thanks
    Thanked 13,495 Times in 6,598 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A rear quarter chop is very unusual in a GUIV? Why do you want to do that? On a GQ it is done because rhe wheel arches are tiny and the rear quarter fouls on 35s but for the most part a GU has huge wheel arches and its not really required. Not sure i have even ever seen it done on a GU to be honest.

I dont think the bar will work around the larger tail lights but if your doing a chop then just make a tube bar mate.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MudRunner it’s not the factory bar the bar is a custom made steel protection job that was made for my mates series1 it had to have 1/4 chop to make it fit snug and sit up higher on the back of the vehicle to give it extra departure angle. My main concern is the width and the distance of the side wing where it wraps around toward the rear tyres. Cheers for the info appreciate any feed back the more the better
    Last edited by Patrol grub; 17th August 2018 at 10:39 PM.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 3,143 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrol grub View Post
    MudRunner it’s not the factory bar the bar is a custom made steel protection job that was made for my mates series1 it had to have 1/4 chop to make it fit snug and sit up higher on the back of the vehicle to give it extra departure angle. My main concern is the width and the distance of the side wing where it wraps around toward the rear tyres. Cheers for the info appreciate any feed back the more the better
    If it's your mates, I'm going to assume you have access to the bar in question and/or the vehicle it's fitted on right now...
    In saying that, they're not hard to take off and on so, maybe slap it on your car and have a look? Best way to find out I guess.
    2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Thanked 13,495 Times in 6,598 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrol grub View Post
    The chassis and body are fundamentally the same so it really will just be the lines of the trim. ie. The tail lights. As Hodge said above id just bolt it up and see how it looks.

If you can post a couple of pucs of it here i might be able to see anything that will get in the way.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive put a series 1-3 ARB rear bar on a series 4, I had to cut a section off the rear chassis rail where the tow hook goes because series 1-3 have a recessed step, series 4 the bar sticks out further, that should be the only difference between the body’s

Flares might be different as well, series 4 flares are a little chunkier
    Just another Blue over Silver GQ with another TD conversion

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awsome thanks all I was talking to him today and we decided to do what you are suggesting and we are going to try take it off and see how it looks appreciate all your help folks.