Thread: ZD30 Di Won't Start

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
    From what I know , the di pumps cannot be part-able or fixed ... They need to be re-done or rebuilt and calibrated as a whole.
    Most codes relating to pumps usually end up being the pump swap over.

I hope I am wrong but I know two people who were in the same boat and just couldn't get rid of the patrol after sinking so much $ into it so they just paid up and got the pump replaced.

And they are not cheap.
    $3-4k for a reco. Unit.

Try ringing wreckers , get some prices.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
    Thanks Hodge, that was what I figured. ..i might see how much to get the pump rebuilt at ag diesel otherwise there is a place called dieselcentre that sells re furbed pumps for about 2200. There is also the gumtree route where they seem to be about the 600 mark...not sure if that is a false economy though.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Phil I rebuilt the motor. I didnt buy a second hand one. I stopped counting at 22k. For build, removal, instal, everything. A good second hand motor is maybe 8-12k. I think Patrol A Part had brand new TD42Ti long motors for around 12K not long ago too. I had dropped around 10k just in pump, injectors, turbo and intercooler, I bought the top quality components for the build....
    If your handy with the tools, a conversion can be done at home. I just didnt have the resources to do so. So it did cost me more in the end. But, I'm happy with what I have now. I still do think though if your Patrol is a daily around towner, the ZD30 wins. The ZD is a zippy motor and can boost up nice an early in the revs, which makes for a smoother and easy drive. But the TD wins everywhere else IMO. Highway driving I rarely need to drop out of 5th, even of decent hills.
    Ouch 22k...that's probably out of my league. Unfortunately I don't think i have many options. ..too expensive to buy something newer and I wouldn't get anything for mine now either....I reckon I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and do the pump. The main question is whether to do it myself or get a shop to...main reasons id go shop is time, they'd be much faster than me and I'm sick of working on the car. ..the person who designed the engine with absolutely no thought about serviceability should be shot....the joys of owning a zd30

Thanks
    Thanked 4,447 Times in 2,546 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by philws View Post
    Ouch 22k...that's probably out of my league. Unfortunately I don't think i have many options. ..too expensive to buy something newer and I wouldn't get anything for mine now either....I reckon I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and do the pump. The main question is whether to do it myself or get a shop to...main reasons id go shop is time, they'd be much faster than me and I'm sick of working on the car. ..the person who designed the engine with absolutely no thought about serviceability should be shot....the joys of owning a zd30

Get a shop to do it
    I'm putting mine back together now its a big job

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi roofy,

How does it compare to doing the head? I am a bit concerned about getting the timing correct. What did you find difficult with it?

Cheers

Phil
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Roofy View Post
    Get a shop to do it
    I'm putting mine back together now its a big job

Thanks
    Thanked 4,447 Times in 2,546 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by philws View Post
    Hi roofy,

How does it compare to doing the head? I am a bit concerned about getting the timing correct. What did you find difficult with it?

Cheers

Phil

The timing is a worry hope i got it right

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12